Sr. CTI Telecommunications Engineer
Job Title: Sr. CTI Telecom Engineer
This successful candidate for this position will provide hands on monitoring, troubleshooting and implementation of corrective and additive change in the production IT Telecom systems and related VOIP infrastructure.
Development of automation tools for monitoring systems, performing maintenance tasks, deploying changes and automating other routine tasks is a very critical function for the Operations Team. The Operations Engineer will be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of these automation strategies.
- Provide tier 2 Incident Management for production telecom systems and VOIP Infrastructure.
- Deploy, maintain and troubleshoot AudioCodes Mediant (M1K, M3K) appliances.
- Provide Problem and Change Management in production Interactive Intelligence CIC systems and associated VOIP Infrastructure.
- As assigned, assist with deployment and configuration of voice circuits (TDM/SIP)
- As assigned, contribute to team effort to implement and maintain an automated network operating center environment.
- Performs tasks in compliance with corporate security programs and change management processes.
- Maintains operational integrity of production systems. All systems changes are documented and deployed as prescribed by the Change Management process.
- Provides ongoing operational support for Telecom deployments all corporate and satellite office locations.
- Serves as a point of contact for users, team members and management to facilitate timely resolution of technical issues.
- Develop and foster a customer centric approach to service.
- 0BS Information Systems or equivalent technical discipline
- 3 years of experience in operating and maintaining a datacenter
- 3 years of experience in Interactive Intelligence CIC or equivalent enterprise VOIP system
- Hands on experience with AudioCodes Mediant series appliances and EMS software
- Familiarity with Skype for Business (Lync) Enterprise Voice, Asterisk, SipXecs, or ALU OmniPCX a plus.
- Network and/or data center experience in a 24x7 production environment
- Experience with TDM, SIP, VoIP, MPLS or certifications like CCNA/CCNP
- Implementation or use of ITIL Process Compliant automation solution a plus
- Excellent communication, customer service and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner or collaboratively as a team member in the accomplishment of goals; ability to create and implement detailed action plans
- Communicates regularly with colleagues and management
- Uses computer frequently
- Moves objects weighing 25 lbs.
- Occasional travel to business meeting sites, including international locations
- Installs/removes computer equipment in labs/offices
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top