Sr. Corporate Counsel
We have an exciting opportunity to join our global business as a SeniorCorporate Counsel based from our office in Naarden, The Netherlands.
The ideal candidate will be an EU jurisdiction qualified lawyer/solicitor,with rights to reside and work within the EU, with a valid legal degree from arecognised University.
You will have an expertise in technology contracts with a strongemphasis on cloud-based services and software licensing agreements, Resellerand Partner Agreements and ancillary contractual experience. This will havebeen gained through a variety of private practice and in-house roles
Your focus will be on cloud subscription agreements and all relatedcloud-based transactional matters, as well as inbound and outbound softwarelicensing and distribution agreements, especially in connection with enterpriselicensing transactions.
This role will be responsible for a broad range of technologytransactions and operational issues, and for counselling business and salesunits on a variety of issues within the EMEA region. To be successfulwithin the organization, the Senior Corporate Counsel must embrace the corevalues of the organization and quickly establish him/herself as a team player whois both flexible and intellectually nimble, with an enhanced commercial/businessperspective, and be a self-starter who can immediately contribute in achallenging and fast-paced environment.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limitedto)
- Negotiating, drafting and closing cloud and software licensing and technology agreements and related matters such as subscription agreements, reseller and teaming agreements, subcontractor agreements, RFP responses, statements of work, direct and indirect licensing agreements, Cloud-based transactions, alliance/partnering agreements, enterprise software and support agreements, marketing agreements, and distribution/channel agreements;
- Knowledge of and engagement with data privacy and data security-related issues;
- Preparation of standard templates for recurring commercial transactions and to address new business models or legal and business requirements; and
- Counselling and collaborating with business/sales clients, marketing, finance and other business functions necessary to effectively and efficiently accomplish assignments, and ensuring best practices in various legal areas such as antitrust, intellectual property protection, contract law, and others.
- Working with internal business partners on education and planning, and advising business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business, and specifically the Cloud services, including the drafting and hands-on negotiation of diverse commercial agreements with global parties.
- Oversee a contract approval process, contract database, contract summaries, and a system for tracking contract performance after signing, and manage.
- Maintain legal, compliance, corporate governance and other corporate records.
- The candidate must possess a law degree from an accredited law school and be a member in good standing with a Law Society in the relevant EU Jurisdiction where the candidate is qualified.
- Proficient in commercial and contract law and have experience negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts including Cloud, licensing, distribution, supply, OEM/ODM, collaboration, and strategic transactions.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Legal experience gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles. The position requires a confident and experienced attorney with a strong track record in managing a broad range of legal issues and interacting closely with business leaders.
- Customer-facing work (e.g., sales and deal desk, etc.) focus is a must.
- Substantial experience with top rated law firm or major high technology company required.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, a good communicator, organised and possess excellent drafting skills.
- Executive presence and ability to interact directly with senior leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to navigate, complex legal and regulatory compliance issues.
- Must have positive, problem-solving, business focused attitude with good judgment prioritizing workload in fast paced environment, with and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects accurately, on schedule.
- Must be a team player also able to self-start and work independently. Deal/negotiation experience is essential
- Must be customer-centric and have the ability to lead business negotiations and assist clients in meeting their objectives.
- Assist in litigation and pre-litigation activities, including working with outside counsel to develop strategies to defend, resolve and prevent various forms of litigation.
- Track record of establishing strong working relationships with internal/external business clients and within the legal department.
- Telecom, IVR, or similar industry experience helpful
- Ability to travel (travel requirements are variable).
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's bestcustomer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everythingwe do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives greatbusiness outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trustthe industry's #1 customerexperience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customerjourneys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With astrong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first,Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader inboth cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesysvia hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesysblog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in theworkplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour,religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and otherprotected characteristics. #LI-DK1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top