Sr. Applications Engineer
About us: Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software - with more than 10,000+ customers in 120+ countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service - and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Position tile: UX/UI Designer & Front-End Developer - Intermediate
Reporting To: Customer Care - Development Manager
Department: Customer Care
Key user experience and user interface designer in a small team responsible for defining, prototyping and developing the next generation of smart applications and tools in the Genesys Care portfolio. Candidate would also be responsible for development of front-end user interfaces. Applications will need to work with a range of software products, operating systems, and third-party products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Design intuitive and dynamic user experiences and interfaces.
- Audit current interface workflow and identify areas of optimization.
- Participate in user research and interviews with the customer/stakeholders. Provide demos and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to synthesize and incorporate feedback with user-centered focus.
- Develop wireframes and task flows based on requirements defined by the Product Manager
- Design and code the markup, conduct user testing, and perform other user-facing activities to validate the design, and interaction
- Produce high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Provide final detailed design specifications and assets for front-end developers to implement
- Work with the lead UI developer to code responsive web interfaces that offer multi-browser support
- Code mobile interfaces for both Android and iOS
- Develop and run front-end unit tests
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Proven experience with front-end development (both web and mobile)
- Ability to accept feedback and turn it into better design solutions
- Good inter-personal and communication skills, both orally and written
- Must be able to cope under pressure and manage the work to stringent timelines
- Have a technical background in accordance with the requirements set out below
BS or MS degree in Design, Computer Science, Engineering, other Design/Programming Diploma or equivalent experience
Prior work experience:
- Min 2 to 5 year of experience as ux/ui designer, or other relevant experience
- Min 2 years of experience with front-end development
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and/or other visual design and wire-framing/prototyping tools
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Portfolio showcasing skills and passion for designing beautiful, functional user interfaces
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Good knowledge of AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, DurandalJS
- Team player
- Passion for delivering a great user experience
- Knowledge of Genesys products or CTI technologies
- Contact Centre, CTI, IVR, CRM, SIP
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum
- Fluent English
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top