Genesys is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team at the Daly City Corporate headquarters office. This position will be a key member of the Corporate GL team. Primary responsibility will be to manage and calculate complex and/or confidential accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analysis. The ideal candidate will be a driven accounting professional who enjoys a fast-paced environment and who is willing to do whatever is necessary to get the job done. This role will report to the Senior Accounting Manager.
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Calculate numerous monthly accruals based on information received from various business owners and prepare the related journal entries.
- Prepare various monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with research for balance sheet and income statement variance analysis.
- Assist with month end close activities and Sarbanes-Qxley compliance.
- Prepare various analysis and reconciliations as requested by external auditors.
Qualifications/Skills Required and Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of general ledger experience.
- Strong ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, problem solving, and analytical ability. Strong sense of urgency and willingness to work the hours needed to meet tight close timelines.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Must have good organizational skills, the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high-volume, in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and other departments.
- Must be detailed and accurate.
- Experience with Blackline, Coupa and NetSuite a plus.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/ , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top