The Senior Sourcing Manager leads high-complexity sourcing projects and supplier relationships working effectively along with the business leaders and Procurement team. While carrying out sourcing activities, the souring manager will provide strong commercial leadership in project teams, developing and executing creative strategies to ensure work is conducted with rigorous professional standards in full compliance with organizational governance. This role needs tight alignment with business leads and cross functional teams
- Operates as a single point of contact for all matters required by the category and business function supported
- Supports the business on the development of Category Strategies and Supplier Management activities
- Applies Sourcing & Supplier Management methodologies, leading cross-functional teams executing multiple sourcing projects in a portfolio of services, software, programs, events etc
- Delivers targets and sustainable value through managing sourcing and supplier relationship management initiatives
- Manages complex and multiple sourcing projects and deliver agreed business targets
- Influences effectively to ensure business needs consider commercial reality and do not unknowingly compromise value
- Communicates and influences effectively project teams and key stakeholders
- Escalates key risks effectively, maintaining stakeholders' confidence and effective resolution
- Develops insights from spend and other analysis, leading to deliver solid set of actionable recommendations
- Negotiates adapting strategy with supplier dynamics and manages multiple negotiation teams
- Accountable for quality and timeliness of critical deliverables and communications
- Manages sourcing calendar of events to drive budget discussions
- Supports category managers in the strategic planning and sourcing process:
- Researches internal and external data
- Collects data and conducts analysis on internal factors
- Develops and performs calculations on industry and supplier cost models
- Performs supplier analysis
- Assists in the development of request for information, proposals, quotations to collect supplier information
- Prepares the fact-based negotiation packages, which supports strategic buyers in the negotiation process
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Procurement, Engineering, or related subject
- Procurement/ Project Management Qualification is desirable
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement organizations of which a minimum of 3 years applicable experience in managing/leading multiple sourcing projects
- High-energy, high-integrity individual who can simultaneously drive change while sustaining a culture of team play
- Experience performing in a fast-changing environment that requires analytical thinking, results-oriented decision making and commitment to excellence
- Communication skills: Strong written and verbal communication. Able to communicate effectively with junior and senior stakeholders
- Accountability: Strong sense of accountability, urgent and commitment. Need the ability to determine actions, risks and results to get the job done.
- Leadership: Strong influencing skills and ability to lead a team towards achieving strategic objectives.
- Innovation: Strong ability to create from concept and an ability to look for opportunities to apply new and evolving ideas, methods and approaches.
- Analytical Skills: Strong problem-solving skills and techniques. Able to understand and carry out spend analysis and draw out conclusions and fact-based decision making. Analytical problem solver and independent-minded thinker; can apply theoretical concepts to real business problems
- Organizational Understanding: The ability to translate strategic initiatives into practical solutions and a strong understanding of the impact of market drivers
- Planning Skills: Strong ability to plan deliverables, milestone and sign-off points. Strong ability to schedule and monitor activities to achieve organizational goals; Experience managing projects and providing leadership to develop internal agreements. Must very be hands-on with solid attention detail
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of Procurement processes: Category Planning, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management and how to apply them in an IT, Events, Marketing, Contingent Labor, Travel etc categories context
- IT Skills: Ability to use Coupa, procurement/ERP systems and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is highly desirable
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top