The Solutions Consultant works with the Sales Account Executives on developing new business across all Genesys product lines. The Solutions Consultant works in a consultative role to identify and qualify customer requirements and map them to Genesys software, services, and consulting offerings delivered in a holistic solution. This client-facing role works with all levels of customer organisations tailoring the messaging to meet the needs of various stakeholders including C-level decision makers.
Strategic Value of Role
Your role as Solutions Consultant is imperative to the success of sales opportunities and requires you to have a good understanding of the customer experience industry, particularly as it relates to contact centres, digital, online and social platforms. You will be required to apply best practice principles in the areas of Solutions Consulting, have a good understanding of Service Design methodology, and be able to engage effectively with executive and middle level management.
The Solution Consultant performs a crucial role in being able to effectively illustrate and demonstrate the functionality of the Genesys solutions whilst articulating the value the solutions provide in the area of Customer Engagement, Employee Engagement and Business Optimisation. The solution consultant should have a good understanding of both Cloud and On Premises delivery models.
- How does the Solutions Consultant engage in opportunities?
- They seek to understand customer requirements through consultative discovery efforts
- Using a service design methodology, they uncover gaps in the customer experience (CX)
- They work with the customer to co-create solutions to bridge the CX gaps
- They Bring a unique perspective in matching Genesys solutions to customer requirements
- They are able to address the needs of both business and technical influencers
- They are effective at handling objections and demonstrating value
- What makes a great Solutions Consultant?
- Performance - Must be a self-starter that is proactive and driven with the following abilities:
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to cultivate valuable relationships within the customer base
- Comfortable Interacting with director-level and higher leads
- Ability to retain and build Product Knowledge
- Ability to be innovative and creative in finding solutions
- Adept at multi-tasking between multiple customers and internal stakeholders
- Good understanding of CX innovations in the area of Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning technology and Analytics.
- Problem diagnosis skills – the ability to perform discovery to properly define the problem at the right level
- Analytical skills – uncover meaningful insights to customer problems
- Outward-In communication – communication value through the lens of the buyer
- Demonstration execution – execute product demonstration that link to buyer objectives and progress sales campaigns
Career Path (longer term)
- Advancement within Genesys Solutions Consulting team
- Advancement with Genesys Corporate worldwide
- Advancement to the Sales Architect role
- Cross-over to inside/outside sales, channel partner management, Business Consulting and Sales Enablement
Why consider this role?
- Work for a successful technology frontrunner within the Customer Experience industry with a positive track record of product innovation and market leadership
- Genesys is a high growth software leader with exceptional future upside
- Work with talented colleagues that will help you increase your knowledge and experience in the industry
- Uncover business challenges and articulate solutions through Genesys's consultative process
- Be a compelling speaker that communicates the value of solutions to prospective customers
- Consult on customer experience best practices
- Keep abreast of technical advancement within the industry
- Understand competitive offerings and how to position against them
- Tailor demonstrations to prove how business objectives are accomplished
- Offer a solid expertise and understanding around our software offerings
- Assist in authoring persuasive responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Experience in a Solutions Consulting role, giving live demonstrations and developing presentation materials in PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Strong time-management and organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders
- Analytical ability (analysing and reporting skills)
- Ability to display strong self-initiative and support recommendations with sound thinking and fact-based evidence (data, research, best practices, etc.)
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding established goals
- Ability to communicate and present to Genesys management as required
- 3 to 5 years' previous business experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Software specific Solutions Engineering
- Consulting experience in a software environment
- International experience in Solutions Engineering or consulting experience is a plus
- Enterprise software or contact center industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud Solutions a plus #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top