Software Engineer - Security DevOps
- Galway, Ireland
The Software Engineer, SecDev wields code to enable security automation and testing at a massive scale for a cloud native application. Our mission is to ensure security and compliance requirements are met across hundreds of services deploying multiple times per day. PureCloud is in hypergrowth. We are a handful of hackers and software engineers inventing "security as code" in an agile, DevOps, CI/CD environment.
- Develop automated test cases to ensure our services meet security requirements.
- Integrate between internal and external REST APIs.
- Deploy code using a CI/CD pipeline.
- Design JSON/YAML data objects in can be easily consumed by other development teams.
- Create unit and integration tests.
- Ensure code is resilient to failures and can run at scale.
- Bring software design best practices into the security team.
- Participates in code and design reviews.
- Understand & comply with GDPR, PCI, HIPAA Security and Privacy Laws.
- Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Programming experience in an object-oriented language; Python, Node.js, Java, Go, etc.
- Experience with REST, web services, and APIs.
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS or other cloud providers.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Interested in security or hacking.
- Constantly tries new technologies, frameworks, and development languages.
- Understands software development fundamentals, and always thinks about the future (at scale) when architecting solutions.
- Understands the importance of secure code, quality, and performance metrics.
- Detail oriented and systematic.
- Not afraid to bring your own flavour into the mix.
- Strong experience with Amazon AWS services and APIs.
- Worked with data lakes or managed large data sets.
- Designed REST-based APIs.
- Automated deployments and testing in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of a multi-region, global cloud environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- BS, MS in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top