Software Engineer, QA
A SoftwareEngineer,QA is a dependable member of the Testing organization who contributesmostly to the efforts of a single development team. SETs have proven theirability to work independently on features to assess the scope of testing,implement automated system-level tests, and maintain a CI pipeline by triagingand optimizing tests. SETs assist Sr SETs with tasks to improve our testingframeworks and processes.
Candidates for this position are able tocode effectively in at least one programming language and can quickly learn newtechniques and languages. While SETs primarily focus on the testing effort of asingle team, they also have a drive to understand how their work integrateswith other groups to provide value to our customers. SETs use various tools totroubleshoot failing tests and issues with system stability and performance.
SETs understand the needs and processesof other departments including Development, Product Management, Sales, Support,and Professional Services. Good SETs have a strong understanding of theirdevelopment team's processes, priorities, roadmap, and current feature work.
SETs develop into Sr SETs by provingtheir ability to assess risk and identify testing requirements for complexprojects. They advance by providing helpful feedback on code reviews, leadingthe charge to maintain an efficient testing pipeline, and by acquiring a strongunderstanding of how PureCloud services integrate. Candidates for promotionbeyond SET are those who show a strong understanding of testing philosophy andthe ability gain respect and lead others toward positive results.
- Triage failed automated test executions and report defects when appropriate
- Maintain automated test jobs in an automated deployment pipeline
- Coordinate bug hunts to gather user feedback for new features
- Identify useful test cases that identify and isolate faults
- Build trust and maintain relationships with team members of product management and development
- Participate in design and code reviews to help mentor other team members and to influence technical direction of testing department
- Perform exploratory testing to identify high risk areas, refine requirements, and isolate bugs to increase testability of application
- Coordinate test efforts for projects involving multiple teams to ensure appropriate test coverage
- Contribute robust, well architected solutions to the shared test framework
- Expert in the architecture, design, and customer use cases for their team's services
- Identify acceptance criteria for complex projects and determine priorities for test automation to balance operational efficiency with sufficient test coverage
- Identify areas of risk for performance, longevity, and architectural robustness by designing and running longevity and destructive tests
- Assist support engineers with escalated customer issues by reading logs, explaining intended behaviors, and identifying defects
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data using software analytics services such as New Relic and SumoLogic to monitor services and diagnose problems
- Ability to use automation and configuration management frameworks such Ansible or Puppet
- Ability to use version control systems such as GitHub or Bitbucket
- Ability to use delivery pipeline automation and configuration tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP) using programming languages such as Java and Python
- Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as EC2 and S3
- Knowledge of agile testing methodologies and best practices for continuous delivery (CD)
- Understand how to use application frameworks such as Spring and Express to develop applications
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience
- Testing cloud services for security and for compliance with HIPAA, PCI, and SSAE-16
- Web user interface test automation with Selenium
- Telephony message and call flows with SIP, XMPP, and Jingle
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top