Software Engineer, Media Services
- Indianapolis, IN
The Genesys PureCloud Media Services Group is responsible for our cloud-first media and telephony platform. This API consumed platform includes services for voice & video, media control, device management, and business logic. We are looking for a Software Engineer that has a strong interest in cloud software development with a concentration in server-side high capacity services.
This is a position that focuses on the development and delivery of business-critical services in a global deployment. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where continuous change and innovation are certain. The job will include design & development of new features and affords the opportunity to be a member of a team responsible for production level service deployment and operations.
Successful engineers at Genesys have an opportunity to become a leader and mentor. Our engineers demonstrate independence, show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in their daily activities. At Genesys we know the importance of having fun on this journey and promote a strong collaborative team culture with hackathons and weekly casual tech talks.
- Create and deploy solutions for Genesys PureCloud core competency media services.
- Build Linux operating system cloud service integrations and performance analysis tools.
- Review, debug, and resolve complex problems with real-time applications.
- Troubleshoot and solve production support issues post-deployment.
- Be a promoter of innovation and new technologies.
- Experience with C++, including advanced language concepts and patterns.
- Experience with other structured programming languages, with a propensity to learn.
- Demonstratable working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- C, C++ development experience on Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of scalable and robust multi-threaded service development.
- Understanding of distributed system architectures and networking concepts.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and debugging skills.
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members in different locations.
- 3 - 5 years commercial software engineering experience post education.
- AWS platform development or operational experience.
- Experience with web architectures and technologies (HTTP, REST).
- Experience with cloud development tools (Jenkins, Sumo, New Relic).
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
See Inside the Office of Genesys
A pioneer in advancing customer service, Genesys is steadfast in its mission of putting the customer at the center of everything. For over 25 years, the company’s innovative solutions have helped clients engage effortlessly with their customers across all touchpoints, channels, and interactions to deliver differentiated customer journeys, all while maximizing revenue and loyalty.
Back to top