- Indianapolis, IN
The Media Services Group is responsible for our cloud-first media and telephony platform. The platform includes services for voice call control, media control, device management, and business logic layers. We are looking for a Software Engineer that has interest in server-end service development that drives one of Genesys' core competencies. This is a position that focuses on engaging development and testing teams to deliver and monitor our software solutions globally. You will be working with some of the top engineers in the industry, in a fast-paced environment where continuous change and innovation are certain.
Successful engineers at Genesys have an opportunity to become a leader, mentor and role model for peers and juniors. They show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in their daily activities. At Genesys we know the importance of having fun on this journey and promote a strong team culture with hackathons and weekly casual tech talks.
Qualifications we look for:
- Strong programming language and design skills
- Drive to learn and thrive with new programming language skills
- Advanced programming language concepts and patterns
- Experience with C++ language or Java language
- Knowledge of highly scalable and robust multi-threaded service development
- Understanding of distributed system architectures and networking concepts
- Experience with web architectures and technologies (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with Ember, or other web frameworks
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members in different locations
Qualifications that would be a plus:
- 3 - 5 years commercial software engineering experience post education
- Experience with AWS development, DevOps, Docker
- Experience with Jenkins, Sumo, New Relic, or other deployment tools
- Working knowledge of network and server security issues
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top