Software Engineer, Backend Intern
Genesys is looking for someone who loves to code and wants to get to work on the backend of the cloud. We have smaller teams responsible for essential web services in the PureCloud platform. We do everything with Amazon Web Services, including S3 for file storage, EC2 for on-demand computation, SQS for work queues, and DynamoDB for low latency data storage. We love HTTP, automated deployment pipelines, and a well-tuned cache.
- Write new code and maintain existing code primarily in Java.
- Learn and use the features of Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
- Deploy code into our cloud stack on a daily basis. (Yes you will actually do this)
- Look for opportunities to improve our subsystems' speed and reliability.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Experience with coding in Java.
- Ability to use version control (git, mercurial, etc.).
- Familiarity with a terminal shell (bash, zsh, etc.).
- Some experience with automated unit testing.
- Knowledge of RESTful web services.
- Projects completed or in progress in a public repo.
- You have a favorite editor.
- You think this sounds fun!
Note: By submitting your resume you will be considered for the location listed. When an internship opens that fits your background, we will reach out and provide the full job description.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top