Software Engineer - Analytics
Genesys is the global omnichannel customer experience and contact center solution leader. Our customer experience platform and solutions help companies engage effortlessly with their customers, across all touchpoints, channels and interactions to deliver differentiated customer journeys, while maximizing revenue and loyalty. In 2012, the ownership of Genesys transferred from Alcatel-Lucent to a company controlled by the Permira Funds with participation from Technology Crossover Ventures. Today, Genesys operates as a standalone company. We help organizations across all industries define the journeys that matter most to customers by delivering consistent experiences to every touchpoint.
Job Title: Software Engineer - Analytics
Genesys is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Software Engineer to help build out a next gen Analytics Platform for our communications platform that is better than the best-of-breed solutions currently out in the market. Our communications platform allows customers to create customer engagement and real-time monitoring solutions for contact centers.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven, self-motivated and a strong developer that can design and implement services and data processing systems with large datasets, low latency and high concurrency. You should have worked with distributed data processing architectures and be intimately familiar with Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Distributed queues, Real-time Stream Data Processing frameworks like Spark and NoSQL data stores. You must have a flair and passion for solving hard problems related to large data sets.
- Work with stakeholders to refine the requirements for new features with an emphasis on creating a great user experience.
- Work on a team employing agile strategies in order to meet delivery dates and other goals.
- Ability to be thorough and detailed oriented in looking at all aspects of the solution including: localization, licensing, scalability, memory management, bandwidth, latency, automated testing, security and compliance.
- Design Data Processing frameworks that handle large amounts of streaming data with very low latency
- Take ownership of features from prototype / mockups and design documents through to acceptance testing
- Must be committed to continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge techniques, technologies, and software paradigms
- Design and implement analytics products using a combination of technologies
- A demonstrated ability to generate great software design and great code, very quickly, with relatively few bugs
- Very fast learner with experience across several programming languages and technologies, with the ability to quickly become an expert on new technologies and approaches.
- 3+ years of experience in a development role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a reputed institution
- Solid concepts in Data Structures, Algorithms and Software Design.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and reasoning
- High degree of expertise in one or more programming languages like C++, Java or Python
- High degree of experience working and designing Distributed Data Processing Frameworks
- Experience with one or more data processing technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Hive
- Experience with NoSQL stores and ELK Stack
- Excellent English communication skills.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top