GENESYS is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Software Engineer to work on maintaining software that is part of our PureConnect product.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven, self-motivated and a strong developer with a deep understanding of the C programming language, and VoIP. The position will require a thorough understanding of modern software development techniques. The candidate must show the capacity to work in an enterprise software development environment, use source control tools effectively, coordinate with quality assurance, installation, documentation, localization and project management. To be effective the candidate must be self-motivated, work well in a team and independently and be a good communicator. You will be working in Development and will be coordinating with our Support Department which handles the customer interaction.
- With minimal supervision and a high degree of collaboration and quality, debug, diagnose, and resolve problems reported by our Support Department and internal team members.
- Read and interpret log files, make, test and deploy source code changes to resolve problems found in the software.
- Perform collaborative code reviews with other developers to scrutinize the changes you and they make.
- Work with a source control package to manage code versioning and test changes across different releases.
- Provide feedback to core development teams for potential design changes or refactoring based on research for support cases.
- Ability to be thorough and detailed oriented in looking at all aspects of the solution including: localization, licensing, scalability, memory management, bandwidth, latency, automated testing, security and compliance.
- A demonstrated ability to generate great software design and great code, very quickly, with relatively few bugs
- A very fast learner with experience across several programming languages and technologies, with the ability to quickly become an expert on new technologies and approaches.
- Two or more years of experience using C
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Strong object oriented analysis and design patterns experience
- Experience with multi-tier architectures
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with the team on a regular basis
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant, proven industry experience
- VoIP and SIP experience preferred
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top