Genesys is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Software Engineer to work on developing and maintaining installation software that is part of our PureConnect product.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven, self-motivated and a strong developer with a deep understanding of the Windows Installer software and the C or C# programming language. The position will require a thorough understanding of modern software development techniques. The candidate must show the capacity to work in an enterprise software development environment, use source control tools effectively, coordinate with quality assurance, installation, documentation, localization and project management. To be effective the candidate must be self-motivated, work well in a team and independently and be a good communicator. You will be working in Development and will be coordinating at times with our Support Department which handles the customer interaction.
- With minimal supervision and a high degree of collaboration and quality, debug, diagnose, and resolve problems reported by our Support Department and internal team members.
- Read and interpret log files, make, test and deploy source code changes to resolve problems found in the software.
- Perform collaborative code reviews with other developers to scrutinize the changes you and they make.
- Enhance our installation models by understanding the Windows Installer Engine and keeping up-to-date with the new releases and feature sets as they become available.
- Remain current with the Windows Operating System client and server releases so that our installation packages remain both viable and scalable in future architectures.
- Develop C and C# custom libraries that can extend the capabilities and interoperate with the 3rd party Windows Installer XML toolset.
- Effectively communicate project requirements with other development teams and gather feedback from customers to enhance the end-user installation experience.
- Support installation packages by identifying and fixing defects reported through Testing and Support.
- Address and fix build issues as well as learn the hierarchy of our source control structure
- Two or more years of experience using C , or C#
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Strong object oriented analysis and design patterns experience
- Experience with multi-tier architectures
- Experience with Wix 3.0, Windows Installer strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with the team on a regular basis
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant, proven industry experience
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top