The role of Software Engineer, as part of the IT department, works closely with the project community to deliver and support both internally and externally facing business systems and applications used across the organization to support the growth of a leading edge technology company.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work in a customized Salesforce environment that spans the Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Data.com. Work will be directed towards enhancements and new functionality in a highly customized environment. Candidates will be part of a project community that works closely with business partners to provide the right functionality that is built right.
- Contribute to Information Systems project teams in all aspects of the agile product development life cycle from design to delivery including the definition, design, development, implementation and support of our automated enterprise-level IT systems.
- Engage in administrative project activities such as estimating, story mapping, daily standups, systems/unit testing, application deployment and user training where required.
- Design and develop high-quality code exhibiting excellent performance that meets product requirements with a strong focus on architecture, data governance, user experience, scalability, maintainability, and security. This includes successful completion of project release deliverables, on time, and to the specified quality standards
- Bachelors' degree in the field of computer science or similar technical area or equivalent experience
- 2 years of professional experience in a corporate Information Systems environment
- 2 years of experience using Object Oriented languages to deliver business applications
- In depth knowledge of Salesforce.com declarative functionality
- Experience in VisualForce, Apex class, controller, and trigger development on the Force.com platform
- Web service development utilizing Salesforce APIs (REST, SOAP, Metadata, etc.)
- Understanding of best practices, recommendations, and limitations including but not limited to governor limits and order of execution
- Clear understanding of Salesforce.com ALM and delivering enhancements across multiple environments
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail. Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and must be able to manage multiple requests at the same time.
- Must be capable of collecting information from multiple sources and integrating the information to find creative ways to meet business needs.
- High enthusiasm, self-starting, ability to work with minimal direct supervision; takes ownership.
- Strong team player; ability to lead peers in accomplishment of common goals.
- Agile delivery experience preferred
- Experience in cloud service platforms such as Azure or AWS a plus
- Experience in the .NET application framework a plus
- Experience in ERP software development such as Microsoft Dynamics AX and X development a plus
- Experience in HRIS software development such as Workday a plus
- Communicates regularly with colleagues and management
- Regularly presents to internal business owners and project participates.
- Minimal travel may be required to stay abreast of technology and industry trends.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top