Software Developer, Data Analytics
- Markham, Canada
The PureCloud Analytics platform is the foundation on which decisions are made that directly impact our customer's experience as well as their customers' experiences. We are a data-driven company, handling tens of millions of events per day to answer questions for both our customers and the business. From new features to enable other development teams, to measuring performance across our customer-base, to offering insights directly to our end-users, we use our terabytes of data to move customer experience forward.
In this role, you'll partner with software engineers, product managers, and data scientists to build and support a variety of analytical big data products. The best person will have a strong engineering background, not shy from the unknown, and will be able to articulate vague requirements into something real. We are a team whose focus is to operationalize big data products and curate high-value datasets for the wider organization as well as to build tools and services to expand the scope of and improve the reliability of the data platform as our usage continues to grow on a daily basis.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software that will help drive improvements towards the features, reliability, performance, and efficiency of the PureCloud Analytics platform.
- Actively review code and provide peer feedback.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain points.
- Partner with various teams to transform requirements into services and tools.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable architecture for all stages of data lifecycle (ingest, streaming, structured and unstructured storage, search, aggregation) in support of a variety of data applications.
- Build abstractions and re-usable developer tooling to allow other engineers to quickly build streaming/batch self-service pipelines.
- Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments in AWS.
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as required.
This may be the perfect job for you if:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- You have a strong engineering background with ability to design software systems from the ground up
- You have strong experience in Java, Python or similar programming languages.
- You ideally have some experience in web-scale data and large-scale distributed systems, with bonus points for it being on cloud infrastructure.
- You have a product mindset. You are energized by building things that will be heavily used.
- You have some familiarity with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, Flink, Samza, Storm, Elasticsearch, Druid, Cassandra, etc).
- You may have experience building data pipelines (real-time or batch) on large datasets.
- You may have worked on and understand messaging/queueing/stream processing systems.
- You design not just with a mind for solving a problem, but also with maintainability, testability, monitorability, and automation as top concerns.
Technologies we use and practices we hold dear:
- Right tool for the right job over we-always-did-it-this-way
- We pick the language and frameworks best suited for specific problems. This usually translates to Java for developing services and applications and Python for tooling
- Packer and ansible for immutable machine images
- AWS for cloud infrastructure
- Infrastructure (and everything, really) as code
- Automation for everything. CI/CD, testing, scaling, healing, etc
- Flink and Kafka for stream processing
- Hadoop, Hive, and Spark for batch
- Airflow for orchestration
- Druid, Dynamo, Elasticsearch, Presto, and S3 for query and storage
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-AR2
Back to top