- Indianapolis, IN
The Software Architect will lead the design and implementation of digital features in a cloud-based microservices architecture as the technical lead of a development team. They will work in a fast-paced startup environment where continuous change, innovation and experimentation are a given. They will work with established and cutting-edge technologies like Java, Kafka, Redis, and AWS Services, among others and will lead technology and architecture choices.
Additionally, they will demonstrate mastery in one or more of these technologies and will be an expert in distributed systems. They will be a leader, mentor and role model for their peers and juniors.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Job includes management of microservices: design, deployment, configuration scripts, and supporting documentation.
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable.
- Taking ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment.
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance.
- Drive change for technology strategies.
- Communicate as a Subject Matter Expert on all things related to architecture and infrastructure.
- Implementing the CI/CD pipeline using a git repository for all artifacts/files.
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related work experience. Masters a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering and in Java or another high-level language.
- Technical leader with demonstrable experience in designing and reviewing complex software systems.
- Experience with synchronization techniques in stateless distributed systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of scalability, resiliency, and availability in distributed systems.
- Working experience with REST API back-end services.
- A strong data-driven/fact-based decision maker.
- Prefers working in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communicator, strong collaboration and listening skills.
- Experience working with 3rd party API's.
- Experience with cloud technology (at least one of: AWS, Google, Azure).
- Experience with and comfortable in a true DevOps Culture.
- Patient, calm, and respectful work demeanor.
- OS: Linux (Amazon OS).
- Amazon Web Services building blocks (EC2, ASG, ELB/ALB/NLB, Lambda, VPC, etc.).
- Networking: TCP/IP, subnets, network ACLs, DNS, load balancing.
- NoSQL databases Redis, DynamoDB.
- Programming languages: JAVA (or other JVM based language), Scripting languages (Python, etc).
- Infrastructure as code: cloud formation.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Back to top