Senior Technical Support Engineer
About us: Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software - with more than 10,000+ customers in 120+ countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service - and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Summary of the Position:
As part of the Customer Care Team, the Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for the troubleshooting, resolution, and communication of customer issues reported to Genesys Customer Care.
- Resolve technical issues of the Genesys Voice Self Service product suite for Genesys Customers and Partners around the world.
- Research reported issues to find resolution through log analysis, problem replication, knowledgebase searches, and peer collaboration.
- Understand how the issue impacts the Genesys solution and request appropriate information to resolve it.
- Log and Track issues within our CRM solution including research, customer communication, and updates as the problems are being worked.
- Build and maintain test environments/labs for troubleshooting and testing.
- Understand and set issue priority based upon urgency and business impact.
- Work in a tier-less support model with collaboration from other support engineers when necessary to resolve difficult issues.
- Maintain ownership of customer reported issues until resolved.
- Manage customer expectations and work within the escalation path when necessary to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Close issues with a concise written resolution and root cause analysis when confirmed by customer
- Contribute to the public Genesys knowledgebase
- Shift work and after-hours on-call coverage required
- Provide expert analysis and on site hands customer care as required
- Provide mentorship of less senior team members both in process and in resolving complex technical issues
Qualifications/Skills Required and Preferred:
- Engineering/Computer Science degree and/or diploma with relevant work experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Genesys Solutions (Framework & Voice Self Service Products)
- RDBMS (Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL)
- Software Development (Perl, C/C++, PHP)
- Protocols (IPv4/6, OSI, LDAP, VLAN, VPN)
- IP Telephony (SIP, PRI, Asterisk)
- Needs to meet SLA contracts with customers and sometimes juggle many concurrent issues.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong sense of ownership with ability to take control of difficult and/or chaotic situations
- Experience in supporting contact center environments (premise or cloud based) is preferred.
- Can handle high stress situations.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top