Senior Technical Support Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attempt to isolate, reproduce and resolve problems using available systems and tools, and investigate potential workarounds for verified defects.
- Maintain the customer incident tracking system (Salesforce) with regular updates and resolution details. Information to include symptoms, diagnosis, actions and all relevant data.
- Participate in the creation of Knowledge Base articles, solutions and other related support collateral.
- To be the escalation support interface with customers and partners when necessary and to ensure that the company is represented in the most positive manner at all times.
- To interface with Subject Matter Experts, where the problem cannot be resolved at a frontline support level.
- To help set the correct problem resolution expectations and to provide timely progress reports to the appropriate levels of the support organization.
- Participate in a shift and 'on-call' roster as necessary, to provide support coverage outside of standard business hours.
- Perform other related support duties, as required by the company.
- Attend training courses to sustain/enhance product knowledge and work in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined within the quality assurance documentation.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills, both orally and written
- Excellent problem determination and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work and cope under pressure on limited timelines
- Networking (TCP/IP)
- Transport Protocol
- Operating systems: Windows Server/Linux
- Call/contact center business knowledge
- Interaction Routing for Call Center Environment
- IVR, PBX
- Databases: MS SQL, Oracle
- Programming knowledge and experience (.NET, Java, etc.)
- Web Technologies: HTTP, SOAP, JSON, XML/ASP/JSP, web servers (IIS, Apache/Tomcat)
- CRM knowledge: Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, SAP, Siebel
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top