Senior Technical Sales Engineer
T he Global Technical Sales Engineer (GTSE) is a highly skilled technical engineer who manages the premier Genesys world-wide demonstration environments for the company.
The primary focus of the Global Technical Sales team is to support internal and reseller sales initiatives to drive revenue objectives across all company product lines. This includes working with prospective customers to identify current and future needs as well as demonstrating how Genesys technology can meet requirements and add value to the prospective organization. The Global Technical Sales team is responsible for representing Genesys at trade shows and related industry events.
The members of the Global Technical Sales team are responsible for achieving expertise across the entire Genesys portfolio.
The Genesys global demonstration environments extend Genesys product suite exposure and demonstration capabilities to internal departments as well as strategic partners and resellers. The Global Technical Sales Engineering team is responsible for the stability, reliability, and existing offerings of the environments.
• Provide support, including triage, troubleshooting and resolution of issues, to the end users of the demonstration environments
• Develop software and unit tests to enhance the demonstration environments and increase demonstration capabilities
• Build UIs with anticipation of automated testing leveraging tools
• Give weekly status updates on goals and tasks assigned
• Work closely with team lead or group manager
• Provide the sales team with the tools they need to successfully perform demonstrations including instructions, outlines, and videos.
• Create custom solutions utilizing 3rd party applications highlighting integration points
• Configure, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot the Genesys demonstration environments, including working with Development to identify and resolve product issues
• Assist in failover testing, quarterly maintenance and environment troubleshooting
• Maintain users within the demonstration environments including setup and deletion as well as evaluating roles and security rights
• Upgrade and maintain servers for software releases
• Responsible for staying abreast of current technologies and industry trends
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related technical discipline or equivalent in work experience
• 3+ years experience preferred. 1 year of software engineering experience 1 year building web-based UIs.
• Complex problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Experience using MVC frameworks like Angular preferred
• C#, web services, SOAP, REST and SQL database experience also beneficial
• Experience with infrastructure components such as database servers, virtual machines, web servers, IP phones, cabling, session border controllers, Cisco Unified Computing Systems, storage area network devices, switches, routers, proxies, load balancers, other network equipment
• Knowledge in these technologies is a plus: SIP, Salesforce
• Experience utilizing software development tools a plus: Visual Studio, Bitbucket, Jira
• Technical knowledge of Genesys products preferred: PureConnect, PureCloud, PureEngage
• Experience with all major Microsoft operating systems (including experience with Hyper-V, Terminal/RDP Servers), VMware, and basic Linux
• Information Security experience (firewalls/ IDS/IPS, antivirus, malware, certificates/encryption, etc) is a plus
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be detail-oriented
• Ability to work in a team environment
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
In her role, Tracy leads all aspects of Genesys' human resources function globally.
Back to top