Senior Technical Account Manager
The Sr Technical Account Manager has a strategic role focusing on the customers in their assigned regions. The Sr Technical Account Manager will be responsible for well-defined initiatives that are targeted toward development of services and customer satisfaction. The Sr Technical Account Manager position is intended to facilitate customer satisfaction and customer loyalty for both direct and indirect customers.
- Work with customers within the assigned region on a regular basis.
Accountable for managing technical accounts for one or more client accounts
- Proactively monitor support incidents within the region to prevent escalations by working with the system engineers and identifying early warning indicators.
- Advocate internally for progress on the customer’s key issues by working with development, internal teams, and product management.
- Conduct status calls with customers as necessary to deliver customer satisfaction and provide account management.
- Assist customers in escalation management.
- Recommend solutions and / or alternatives for problems, communicate status updates, take appropriate action and proactively manage escalations through to resolution.
- Play a major role in prevention, identification and resolution of customer complaints.
- Participate in assigned organizational and operational initiatives in order to continually identify opportunities for improvement within support organization, as well as identify new initiatives with regional management.
- Make recommendations and implement value-add strategies to maximize customer satisfaction and meet changing business needs.
- Provide quarterly reports to management and exemplify how the new initiatives improve the support of our customers.
- Effectively communicate at differing technical levels with customers and internal employees.
- Provides expert problem management support to difficult, high profile customer issues and ensures root-cause analysis is conducted and a corrective action plan is followed through with any learning applied for future benefit
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience and 3-5 years combined business/technical experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Knowledge of the Windows Operating system and technologies such as domains, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- Understanding of data center technologies.
- Knowledge of MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, SQLServer, Oracle, Telecommunications, Server Hardware and/or Database platforms is desirable.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP-based networking including routers, switches, network topologies, etc. and call center environments.
- Knowledge of PBX, ACD, IVR and other call center related technology
- Must be an entrepreneurial, self-starter possessing excellent time management skills and be able manage multiple client accounts simultaneously.
- Experience with SaaS Model and Cloud technologies a plus
- Understanding of ITIL Processes
- Must be fluent in English
- Communicates regularly with colleagues and management.
- Uses computer frequently.
- Sits at desk 85% of the work day.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a sweeping emphasis on quality customer service and satisfaction.
- Impeccable oral, listening, and written communication skills.
Ability to communicate (both written and verbally) with technical and non-technical staff,
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Proactive approach to meeting customer expectations.
- Team player with the ability to multi-task several diverse duties, including working with multiple customer accounts at varying levels of completeness.
- High degree of analytical ability with excellent organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to be accurate, consistent and detail oriented.
- Positive attitude, team oriented, and excellent account management skills.
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful.
- Complex problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Creative and critical thinking skills.
- Organizational and clerical skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Product Line Manager
Nitin manages a diverse portfolio of Genesys products that help a variety of the companies they work with bring the customer experience into the digital world.
Back to top