Senior Sustaining Engineer
Summary of the Position
The Sr. Sustaining Engineer will diagnose and resolve product defects, in reaction to escalated problems and system monitoring events, and pro-actively resolve them in a real-time environment. Communicate with other Engineering teams and cross-organizational support teams and in some cases as part of customer facing response teams. Develop and maintain tools, utilities and processes in support of the Application delivery environment. #LI-AC1
- Provide Level 3 system support for a 7x24 multi-stack, SAAS application environment. Off-hours pager rotation is a shared responsibility.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve applications problems using software development lifecycle best practices.
- Communicate with relevant departments on problem status and interact with key domain experts to resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Actively work with customer support teams to identify customer issues. Perform root cause analysis and work toward an acceptable resolution.
- Escalate problems to internal Engineering teams, vendors & key partners through detailed analysis and recommend corrective action.
- Provide workarounds to customer problems by developing patches, processes or software programs as necessary.
- Fully participate in software development Sprints using Agile development processes, writing java code for new features and bug fixes.
- Develop and maintain software utilities and tools to improve the efficiency of the customer problem resolution process.
- Document support and monitoring processes, and troubleshooting solutions.
Qualifications/Skills Required and Preferred
- 5 years of significant SQL-query experience. Oracle experience a plus.
- 5 years of experience in Java and software development practices.
- Web development experience a plus (JBoss preferred).
- An attention to detail required balancing multiple priorities.
- Linux experience a plus.
- Shell, perl and reporting / analytics experience a plus
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top