Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
The Database Administrator (DBA) will be responsible for providing operational database support and services for the Cloud Services organization and customers.
The DBA will work with the Cloud Services Infrastructure team to ensure all elements of the database environment is being properly monitored, proactive alerts are configured properly, and to define the standard operating procedures for the Cloud Services NOC to resolve any incidents that may arise. The DBA will also be responsible for leading projects and mentoring junior staff members.
Additionally, the DBA will work as part of other Interactive Intelligence teams to ensure that the cloud data services design will provide 99.999% reliability to Cloud Services customers.
- Install, configure, migrate, upgrade and maintain multiple databases required for development, testing, and production environments.
- Participate in new projects related to the Cloud services databases.
Create new database users.
- Working knowledge of Availability Groups, Log Shipping, Replication and Disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of SQL on clustered servers, FCM and Hyper-V Manager.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014.
- Basic knowledge of other infrastructure components (Storage, Network, Compute)
- Control and monitor user access privileges to maintain database system security.
- Troubleshoot problems regarding databases, queries, applications and development tools.
Analyze capacity and performance requirements.
- Coordinate backup and recovery strategies to ensure that customer RTO and RPO SLA's are being upheld.
- Work with the Architecture team to establish standards for database objects.
- Approve complex structural changes to the database.
- Recommend database design to infrastructure and application teams.
- Enforce database change management, security standards, and best practices across various database environments to ensure processes are adhered to and documented.
- Proactively monitor the global production environment and identify potential issues.
- Provide tier 2 support escalation for Cloud Services database infrastructure.
- Mentor junior level staff members and act as a technical resource.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related technical discipline is required.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- At least 5 years' experience in a DBA role
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 server OS (Microsoft certifications
- At least 2 years' experience working with SSIS and SSRS.
- Preferred 2 years' experience working in an environment with over 1000 systems.
- Experience working in and securing data in a highly regulated compliance based environment.
- Preferred experience working in a cloud based services environment.
- Excellent communication skills and project management experience.
- Communicates regularly with colleagues and management
- Uses computer frequently
- Moves objects weighing 50 lbs.
Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top