Senior Software Engineer, Web Applications
You will be part of the Applications Group within Genesys'Development Department and work Madison, WI. Design and implement web userinterfaces that are functional, intuitive, and elegant. These interfaceswill serve call center and corporate users around the world and will serve as amodel for a new generation of web-based interfaces for Genesys and our growingcustomer base.
- Work with Product Managers and UX Designers/Architects to establish the requirements for your user interface, often working from wireframes, mock-ups, or prototypes.
- Analyze UI requirements for completeness, unexpected impacts, and potential user-impacting concerns.
- Drive UI requirements through to an implementation-ready specification, complete with accurate sizing estimates and task breakdowns
- Work closely with QA / Test team members to help them understand the implications of your UI implementation, how best they can test it, and what areas may require specific focus
- Build UIs with anticipation of automated testing leveraging tools like Selenium, etc.
- Work closely with UI/UX and web architecture teams to enable performant, near-real-time updates to the browser with responsive rendering to the end user
- Own given features/pages beginning to end, from mockups & design documents/reviews to acceptance testing and deployment Experience working with Knockout, Angular, Backbone, Ember, or other client-side MV* frameworks.
- Experience contributing to an open source project or experience with and a willingness to commit code via pull requests subject to code review by the team
- Strong understanding of web client interactions with REST/Ajax services.
- Be able and willing to contribute to UI/UX design conversations
- Be motivated to learn new technologies and techniques
- 5 years experience preferred.
- Experience with any or all of Git, nodejs, jasmine, & requires
- Familiar with push-based notification architectures.
- Understanding of performance trade-offs in web applications and how the distribution of the "V" in "MVC" can impact performance.
- Experience with server-side Java technologies, with Spring MVC being preferred.
- Experience in Linux operating environments desired.
- Experience in cloud-environments (AWS, OpenStack, etc., with an initial preference for AWS) preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in building hybrid HTML5 UIs for mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) preferred
- Experience working in a start-up (or similar) environment preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Familiarity with back-end technologies, including SOA, Restful interfaces, tiered application development, Java app servers (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.), SQL, NoSQL (Hadoop, Redis, Couchbase, etc.) is helpful.
- Node, Grunt
- Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Contributions to Open-source software projects
- Communicates regularly with peers and management
- Uses computer frequently
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top