Senior Software Engineer, PureCloud Voice
- Durham, NC
Do you demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies? Are you driven to get results and not let anything get in your way? And, do you exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed? These are the qualities our PureCloud Voice team is looking for.
- Work with remote team members to design, develop, and test features that meet the business needs of our customers and exhibit
- features that include high scalability, availability and reliability.
- Jump into various complex code-bases, understand them quickly, and develop features and bug fixes in a fast-paced environment.
- Research and develop improvements to the products security, stability and features
- Demonstrate the capacity to generate good software designs efficiently.
- Exhibit thoroughness in evaluating all aspects of a solution including: localization, licensing, scalability, memory management,
- bandwidth, latency, automated testing, security, and compliance.
- Perform collaborative code reviews with other developers.
- Write and maintain unit, integration, and acceptance tests.
- Stay current with industry developments and new trends.
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate.
- Design and support existing telephony infrastructure within AWS.
- Collaborate with support staff for helping existing customers.
- Understand & comply with HIPAA Security and Privacy Laws.
- Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- 5+ years relative experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant, proven industry experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems.
- Deep expertise in Java and the Java technology ecosystem.
- Firm understanding of backend development, including Java, REST API and NoSQL solutions.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging SIP network architectures using tools like Wireshark.
- Experience with SIP and other real-time communication protocols and best practices.
- Experience with messaging systems and proven integration patterns.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate would also have experience with:
- Amazon Web Services (Dynamo, S3, SQS, SNS, Cloud Formation, etc.).
- Spring Boot and Spring Framework.
- Networking protocols (i.e. TCP, UDP, TLS etc).
- Telephony and VoIP systems.
- Telecom provisioning, carrier support and number porting.
- Knowledge of SIP protocol and its applications.
- OpenSips, Kamailio and/or Asterisk platforms.
- Telecom regulations both U.S and International.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top