Senior Software Engineer, Media Services
The Media Services Group is responsible for our internet telephony platform. This includes a high-performance media processing framework, highly scalable protocol stacks, speech recognition and synthesis engines, as well as call control and management and voice dialog processing infrastructure. We are looking for Senior Software Engineers with extensive experience developing high-performance and highly scalable Cloud microservice applications running in a Linux environment. You will be working with some of the top engineers and researchers in the industry. If that doesn't intimidate you—and you think you can convince us that you have what it takes to work in our group, we would like to hear from you!
Qualifications we look for:
- Expertise of the C language, including advanced language concepts and patterns
- 5 years commercial software engineering experience post education
- Experience designing and implementing highly-scalable and robust multi-threaded Cloud microservices
- In-depth understanding of distributed system architectures, networking concepts, internet protocols, and socket programming
- Familiarity with web architectures and technologies (HTTP, REST)
- Very strong analytical, diagnostic, and debugging skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members in different locations.
Qualifications that would be a plus:
- Working knowledge of network and server security issues
- Experience with AWS development and DevOps. AWS certification is preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins, Ansible, Vagrant
- Experience with asynchronous I/O
- Experience developing portable code (Windows, Linux)
- Familiarity with audio/video and digital signal processing concepts
- Familiarity with internet telephony and media protocols: SIP, RTP/RTCP, MRCP
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top