Senior Software Engineer, Kafka
- Durham, NC
The PureCloud Kafka Team provides infrastructure and services used by the entirety of the PureCloud platform. Every microservice within the platform depends on our tier-0 mission-critical services. We build scalable, fault tolerant, and self-healing services that maintain high availability even when faced with simultaneous multiple failures at various levels. We deliver low latent services built to withstand high throughput usage patterns on the platform.
In this role, you'll partner with product managers, software engineers, architects, and data scientists to support a variety of streaming and event-based services. The best person will have a strong engineering background, not shy from the unknown, and will be able to articulate vague requirements into deliverable product. Our team creates the integral services that form the fundamental backbone of PureCloud.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software that will help drive improvements towards the features, reliability, performance, and efficiency of the PureCloud platform.
- Actively review code, mentor, and provide peer feedback.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain points as well as evangelize best practices.
- Partner with various teams to transform concepts into requirements and requirements into services and tools.
- Guide implementation best practices and assist other teams with implementation details in a variety of programming languages.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable architecture in support of a variety of data applications.
- Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments in AWS.
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as required.
This may be the perfect job for you if:
- You have a strong engineering background with ability to design software systems from the ground up
- You have expert knowledge in Java
- You have experience in web-scale data and large-scale distributed systems, ideally on cloud infrastructure.
- You have a product mindset. You are energized by building things that will be heavily used.
- You have engineered scalable software using big data streaming, pub/sub, and/or event-based technologies (e.g. Kafka, AWS MSK, AWS Kinesis, AWS IoT, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.)
- You have experience building near-realtime high throughput streaming applications.
- You design not just with a mind for solving a problem, but also with maintainability, testability, monitorability, and automation as top concerns.
- You can balance complexity and simplicity.
- You are a strong collaborator but also can drive projects and decisions independently.
- You value ownership.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
Technologies we use and practices we hold dear:
- Right tool for the right job over we-always-did-it-this-way
- We pick the language and frameworks best suited for specific problems. This usually translates to Java and Spring for developing microservices and applications and Python for tooling
- Packer and Ansible for immutable machine images and automation
- AWS for cloud infrastructure
- Infrastructure (and everything, really) as code
- Automation for everything. CI/CD, testing, scaling, healing, orchestration, etc.
- Kafka and Kinesis for stream processing
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Back to top