Senior Software Engineer - Java
As aSenior Java Software Engineer on the Cloud Platform Development Team, you willbe responsible for the development of AWS cloud-based microservices used todeliver mission critical, cutting edge communication products. You will work ina fast-paced startup environment where continuous change, innovation, andexperimentation are a given. You will work with established and cutting edgeAWS Services and technologies like Redis, Kafka, and Zookeeper among others.
Successful Cloud Software Engineers will:
- Understand why security, logging, metrics and test automation are important and believe this to be a first class component of new development
- Propose practical solutions, not just describe problems
- Be driven to get results and not let anything get in their way
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do
- Continuously improve a system deployed in production without downtime
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable
- Stay current with industry developments and new trends
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
- Taking ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment
- Understand & comply with PCI and HIPAA
- Adhere to Genesis Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Expert in software engineering with a focus on server-side development using Java
- Experience with the full application lifecycle from development through deployment and support
- Demonstrable understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems
- Experience working with open source projects, ideally with a history of contributions
- Working experience with REST API back-end services
- Familiarity with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Linux operating environments
The ideal candidate would also have experience with:
- Amazon Web Services (Dynamo, S3, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Communicates regularly with colleagues and management.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top