Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
At Genesys, we've built one of the best cloud-based Customer Experience (CX) service offerings ever. In doing so we've also built one of the strongest cloud DevOps practices you'll find. We have 3500+ AWS EC2 instances across 5 environments globally and we push out dozens of product builds per day. To do that requires a top-notch CI/CD pipeline tool set so we use the best open-source tools along with some special sauce - and of course we automate everything. We're looking for talented, self-directed and motivated DevOps engineers to join our team.
- Work on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative cloud CI/CD pipeline tools that orchestrate, deploy, manage, scale, optimize and oversee a micro-services based enterprise application, deployed completely in the Cloud.
- Responsible for supporting service teams operating in a microservices architecture.
- Bullet proof systems by subjecting everything to crash resilience tools like Chaos Monkey.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and manage production, testing and development environments.
- Build and maintain highly scalable, large scale deployments in AWS, globally.
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate.
- Take ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment.
- Rotating 24/7 on-call support - along with the service owners.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 5 years of progressive work experience.
- Strong understanding of Linux, AWS and networking fundamentals.
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and fault resolution skills.
- Object-oriented programming experience, for example in Python or Java.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
- Strong knowledge of large-scale internet service architecture.
- Detail oriented and systematic.
- Experience with AWS Cloud technologies such as EC2, IAM, DynamoDB, SQS, ASGs, VPCs, Route 53, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of 24x7 commercial services.
- Experience with technologies like the following: Zookeeper, Kafka, Docker, Redis, Elasticsearch, Hadoop.
- You know and love continuous integration (Drone, Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo) and understand its benefits, workflows, etc.
- Experience with REST-style web services / APIs.
- The best engineers are 10 times as productive as the worst engineers. You are a 10x engineer, a pro-active problem solver, and 100% self-motivated.
- You can context-switch between multiple projects / codebases / concepts with ease.
- Understand software development at a fundamental level, use the best tools for the job, and always think about the future (at scale) when architecting solutions.
- Experience working with open source projects, ideally with a history of contributions.
- You understand the fundamentals and importance of code, quality, and performance metrics.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
In her role, Tracy leads all aspects of Genesys' human resources function globally.
Back to top