Senior Software Engineer (Analytics)
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of components and services used to deliver mission critical products. You will work in a fast-paced startup environment where continuous change, innovation and experimentation are a given. You will work with established and cutting-edge technologies like Java, Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, Druid, AWS Services, and Zookeeper among others.
You will demonstrate mastery in one or more of these technologies. You will be an expert in distributed systems. You will be a leader, mentor and role model for your peers and juniors. This team is responsible for the Big Data systems that will power real-time and historical dashboards, BI tools, reports, and predictive modeling.
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable
- Proven expertise in production software development (building complex and non-interactive systems)
- Proficient in SQL, NoSQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data
- Familiarity with multi-tier software architecture
- Familiarity with Publish/Subscribe message brokers
- Stay current with industry developments and new trends
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
- Taking ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment
- Understand & comply with HIPAA Security and Privacy Laws
- Adhere to Interactive Intelligence Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- 5 years experience in software engineering and in Java or similar
- Experience with synchronization techniques in stateless distributed systems
- Demonstrable understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems
- Experience with one or more of Tomcat, Jetty, or Grizzly
- Working experience with REST API back-end services
- Familiarity with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with messaging systems and proven integration patterns
- Experience with Linux operating environments
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related work experience
The ideal candidate would also have experience with:
- Hadoop, Hive, Pig
- Storm, Spark
- NoSQL solutions: Redis, Cassandra, HBase, Druid, Elasticsearch
- Avro, Thrift, Protobufs
- Reporting engines: JasperSoft, Pentaho
- Prior Work/research experience with unstructured data and data modeling
- Prior experience with data warehousing and business intelligence systems
- Background which includes mathematics, statistics, machine learning and data mining
- Proficiency in some scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc)
- Linux expertise
- Amazon Web Services (Dynamo, S3, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Communicates regularly with colleagues and management.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top