Senior Software Engineer
- Indianapolis, IN
The Genesys PureCloud platform supports ~100k users making over 250M API calls every day, and we're growing exponentially! We are analyzing the data about every single one of those users and API calls to make our software better, and our rapid customer growth means we need to ramp up our team. We need a senior software engineer to help us:
• Ingest and process Terabytes of data daily
• Develop tools for exploring the data
• Build intelligent automation that leverages that data to make our products better
• Design and implement major changes and new features
• Actively review code, mentor, and provide peer feedback.
• Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP.
• Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments in AWS.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain points as well as evangelize best practices.
• Collaborate with Incident Management team and perform Cross-functional RCAs that span multiple functional teams.
• Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software that will help drive improvements towards the features, reliability, performance, and efficiency of the PureCloud platform.
• Encourage and mentor junior development staff.
• Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings.
• Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as required.
• Work with development partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability.
• Understand & comply with PCI, HIPAA security and privacy laws.
• Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
• Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
• Detail oriented and systematic.
• Experience developing / managing / working with CI/CD pipelines.
• Experience with REST-style web services / APIs.
• Experience with "big-data" systems such as Hadoop, Spark, or AWS Athena
• Strong understanding of Linux, AWS, and networking concepts.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top