Senior Software Engineer
The Media Services Group is responsible for our cloud-first media and telephony platform. This includes voice call control, media services infrastructure, high-performance media processing framework, highly scalable protocol stacks, and application layer business logic. We are looking for a Software Engineer to take the lead on developing our internal and external toolsets for cloud service monitoring, engineer level debugging and investigations, and coordinated improvements of our cloud media solutions.
A successful engineer in this role at Genesys is one who is organized, highly motivated to improve software and enjoys the creation of automation. In this position you will work on many different tasks each offering the opportunity to use and learn different development tools and programming languages. Bring creativity to your work introducing new ideas, methods and tools to our teams. Engineers at Genesys show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do. They are a talent multiplier that energizes the team around them to excel and perform well.
Qualifications we look for:
- C++ Experience, including advanced language concepts and patterns, or
- Java Experience, Spring Framework, including advanced language concepts and patterns
- Education or post-Education large project design and development
- Understanding of distributed system architectures and networking concepts
- Experience using cloud services and development platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with web architectures and technologies (HTTP, REST)
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members in different locations
- BS in Computer Science, or related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Qualifications that would be a plus:
- Experience with Microservices-based applications
- Experience with AWS development (AWS certification)
- Experience with online developer tools; Jenkins, Sumo, New Relic
- MS in Computer Science, or related field
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Back to top