Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Analytics Platform Team, you will contribute to a wide array of big data technology in AWS. You will work in a fast-paced startup environment where continuous change, innovation and experimentation are a given, but with the perks of a proven company. Expect to work with established and cutting edge technologies like Java, Kafka, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Storm, Spark, Apache Druid, AWS, and Zookeeper among others. Expect days of building REST APIs, modeling data, tuning big data infrastructure, and participating in architectural discussions.
Successful Senior Software Engineers at Genesys will:
- Understand why application logging and application metrics are important and believe this to be a first class component of new development.
- Mentor other team members
- Be a talent multiplier that gets the team around them to excel and perform well
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Show pride of ownership
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable
- Stay current with industry developments and new trends
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
- Taking ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment
- Experience in Java, Python or Scala, with the most recent year in server-side development
- Knowledge of synchronization techniques in stateless distributed systems
- Understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems
- Familiarity with one or more of Tomcat, Jetty, or Grizzly
- Knowledge of REST API back-end services
- Familiarity with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Linux or Windows operating environments
- Prior experience with Redis, Amazon Web Services, Git, Jenkins or Maven is a plus
- Communicates regularly with colleagues and management
- Uses computer frequently
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top