Senior Service Reliability Engineer
- Durham, NC
The SRE discipline is at the cutting edge of DevOps and cloud native architecture. Our mission is to systematize resilience and recoverability across hundreds of services running at massive scale. PureCloud is in hypergrowth; We are a handful of engineers inventing the tools and techniques to enable our teams to keep up with the demand for our platform.
- Automation of CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop tools and frameworks for use by all engineers.
- Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings.
- Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure.
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with Incident Management team and perform Cross-functional RCA's that span multiple functional teams.
- Participates in code and design reviews.
- Understand & comply with PCI, HIPAA Security and Privacy Laws.
- Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Have Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- Prefer for development and automation.
- Bias for Action.
- Ability to wear multiple hats.
- Enjoy pushing scalability to the limit with high throughput services.
- Design solutions with failure in mind to ensure reliability.
- Enjoy working with a large variety of services and technologies.
- Like looking through metrics and logs as if it were a treasure hunt.
- Have a good understanding of Linux and its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- Have a good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security and monitoring.
- Have a working Knowledge of the TCP/IP stack.
- Strong understanding of Linux, AWS, and networking concepts.
- Experience developing / managing / working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with REST-style web services / APIs.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
- Detail oriented and systematic.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Back to top