Senior Manager, Operating Expenses
The Senior Manager willjoin the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis ("FP&A") organization,working closely with business partners at all levels, functions, andinternational regions of the company to drive strategic, financial, andoperational plans. The position performs key financial processes such asanalysis, forecasting, budgeting, reporting, and spending approvals (e.g.,approve major purchases). This position reports to the Sr. Director ofFP&A.
- Focus will be on R&D and other selected cost centers. The area of focus may change from time to time to cover other OperatingExpenses.
- Develop forecasts, budgets, analytics, and reports with relevantdepartment heads.
- Prepare analysis, financial summaries, and presentations toprovide financial support for senior management and other company stakeholders.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses for FP&A and key businesspartners. Perform various analytics to support decision-making andstrategy formulation. Interpret and provide insight to financial data.
- Investigate variances between actuals, forecasts, and budget tounderstand trends and potential risks and opportunities.
- Coordinate with accounting, business groups, and variousinformation holders to collect, organize, and analyze company data.
- Proactively identify and resolve accounting and financial planningissues.
- Develop financial models for business units to support financialplanning, forecasting, and reporting processes.
- Drive continuous process improvements in reporting, forecasting,and budgeting activities.
- Approve headcount requisitions and purchase orders. Confirmthat the requested approvals are consistent with budget and strategic plans.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, consulting, investmentbanking, or related fields
- MBA/CPA preferred (or equivalent qualification).
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in software industry andfinance/accounting departments.
- Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency in Excel;proficient in PowerPoint, business intelligence, planning, ERP, and reportingsystems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimalsupervision. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task andprioritize appropriately to meet tight deadlines.
Genesys® powersmore than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We putthe customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe thatgreat customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lastingrelationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-endingdesire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industryanalysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagementsolutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, andthe Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equalopportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluatequalified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top