Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst in the Cloud FP&A team will prepare report packages for our private equity investors, executive management, and operating committee (board of directors), design and automate reports and related processes and advise on report and related data structures. The position performs key processes such as consolidating analyses, forecasts, budgets, and financial/operational reports, drive automation of such processes, and perform financial analyses on business drivers and trends. The position will be working closely with Finance and business partners at all levels and functions of the company. This role will allow the candidate to develop strong leadership skills in working across the company and investors to provide data and analysis on key issues and recommendations to improve systems and processes. This position reports to the Director of Cloud FP&A.
This position could be located in either Daly City, CA or Indianapolis, IN.
- Proactively drive ideas for analysis, cost savings and other efficiencies by presenting analysis to management and actively collaborating with key stakeholders
- Prepare periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) and ad hoc financial and operating reports, report packages, flashes, dashboards, analyses, PowerPoint presentations, and surveys for upper management. Use your Business Intelligence, report writer, ERP, and advanced Excel skills - audiences include private equity investors, executive and senior management, and Operating Committee
- Assist in consolidating forecasts, budgets, analyses, and reports
- Reconcile, validate, and ensure consistency of data and reports
- Partner with FP&A team members to ensure deliverable are CFO ready
- Gather information from disparate sources
- Organize and present such information in a coherent and consistent format
- Summarize key takeaways
- Reconcile and ensure consistency of data from different sources
- Initiate, lead, and manage automation of reports and analyses
- Understand underlying data and report structures
- Define report requirements with internal customers and end users
- Provide recommendations on report and data structures and system enhancements to support reporting requirements
- Coordinate automation with business systems team
- Review and create cost centers in ERP and BI systems
- Assess effect of cost centers on financial reports, analyses, and company-wide financial and non-financial systems
- Coordinate and communicate with stakeholders, such as FP&A, accounting, human resources, M&A, and tax
- Investigate variances between actuals, forecasts, and budget to understand trends and potential risks and opportunities and then summarize for senior management and external reports.
- Proactively identify and resolve accounting and financial planning issues Coordinate financial reporting with accounting
- Drive continuous process improvements in reporting, forecasting, and budgeting activities through automation, system enhancements, data quality, consolidation, and quality improvement
- Bachelor's degree required, preference to degree's in Math, Science, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- MBA/CPA nice to have but not required
- Strong computer skills - high level of proficiency in Excel; proficient in business intelligence, planning, ERP, reporting systems, and PowerPoint
- While not a requirement for the job, knowledge of SQL and/or VB are given high value
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately to meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts to department managers and senior executives
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BL1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top