Senior Credit and Collections Specialist
At Genesys, we are currently seeking a Senior Credit and Collections Specialist who collects, manages and provides resolution of outstanding invoices from past due accounts. This person interacts with customers, sales support, revenue recognition, order management and accounts receivable in reconciling accounts. In addition, the Senior Credit and Collections Specialist analyzes and reports on credit memos and write off activity, prepares detailed collections reports on a biweekly basis and cash collection forecasts on a monthly basis.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Monitor open aging of assigned accounts to ensure timely payment of customer invoices. Identify and collect open past due balances
- Manage relationships with customers to ensure successful collection efforts
- Supports collection strategies to meet DSO targets for the division and individual territory
- Accurately forecast expected cash and report as appropriate.
- Resolve customer billing issues, reconcile account discrepancies, and assist customers and internal departments with problem solving needs
- Interact with Sales and Customer Care Team members for communication and coordination in managing A/R issues, as appropriate
- Responsible for investigating, processing, and crediting the customer when applicable for tax exemption credits, billing errors, and rebates.
Qualifications/Skills Desired and Preferred:
- Strong analytical and communication skills, self-starter, team player with experience in collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5-7 years of credit and collections experience
- Proven negotiation skills that arrive at best overall solutions within established guidelines
- Strong phone skills to effectively work with customers
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top