Senior BI Web Developer
Summary of the Position
The Sr. Business Intelligence Developer will be an integral member of the CTO Analytics team in the Genesys R&D group. In this position an employee will be working closely with R&D business users including Operations, Project Management Office and Development. The key responsibilities will be to support R&D data and reporting needs leveraging various BI tools and techniques.
Fluent in technology, you are able to assess current technical environment and develop technology requirements and conceptual solutions to meet business objectives.
A candidate is a confident professional with broad skills in gathering and analyzing data, and providing efficient solutions to complex business problems as well as uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
A candidate is comfortable working with all levels of the organization, from the executive suite to the front line, and is equally comfortable working independently.
In this role, the primary areas of responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Lead or play a leadership role in the technical design and development of new processes/applications and integrations among processes/applications for R&D Tools.
- Collaborate with the key stakeholders to develop Business Intelligence processes, strategy and roadmap for R&D Genesys Organization. This includes outlining specific tactics, project plans, milestones and key performance metrics for moving the Organization towards its information objectives.
- Contribute to the design and development of the BI environment, including information & data acquisition, management and delivery solutions.
- Promote and facilitate the development of self-service capabilities for the business in the access and reporting of business data.
- Commit to deliverables for scope of work and identify timelines for project completion.
- Provide technical support and assess root cause to production issues while providing effective solutions.
- Provide adequate functional documentation for support and maintenance.
- Present and communicate requirements, findings and solutions to stakeholders clearly.
- Assist with developing and delivering training materials.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging BI technologies and implement industry best practices.
Qualifications/Skills Required and Preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 6 years with a Master's degree in designing and developing BI software solutions including data warehouse design and development, ETL design and development, performance tuning and multidimensional cube design and development
- 6 years of proven experience in Database Development, Administration and Modeling experience using Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL databases
- 6 years of SQL scripting and ETL development
- 6 years of Tableau Software (or other analytical tools) and Dashboards creation
- Strong familiarity of the BI industry, vendors, products and best practices
- Experience in delivery of enterprise reporting solutions is desired
- Experience with Java (nice to have)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative, proactive and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in an organized and timely manner
- Ability to innovate and adopt to different technologies
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and to coordinate activities of other personnel
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.#LI-SH1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top