The Senior Accountant will be responsible for managing and calculating accruals, calculating allocations, preparing GL account reconciliations, assisting with BS and P&L fluctuation analysis, and assist the GL team with various ad hoc projects. This position reports to Senior Accounting Manager.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to).
- Support month end, quarter end, and year end close activities.
- Calculate numerous monthly accruals based on information received from various business owners and prepare the related journal entries.
- Prepare various monthly reconciliations
- Research and prepare account and fluctuation analyses for monthly close meeting.
- Manage allocation process, gathering data from HR and Facilities each quarter to ensure allocation configuration is up-to-date.
- Prepare various analysis and reconciliations as requested by external auditors.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for high volume accounts.
- Assist with ad hoc projects.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. CPA preferred.
- 5 years of general ledger experience.
- Strong understanding of U.S GAAP
- Strong initiative and ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong sense of urgency and willingness to work the hours needed to meet tight close timelines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, problem solving, and analytical ability.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Must have good organizational skills, the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high-volume, in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and other departments.
- Must be detailed and accurate.
- Proficiency in using Excel.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience with Blackline, Coupa and NetSuite a plus.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top