Senior Account Executive, Government Texas
The Government Account Executive is the catalyst behind Genesys' success as an organization in the public sector. As a consultative sales professional, the Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects and current customers. Account Executives help solve the business needs of prospects and customers by aligning those needs and objectives with Genesys solution(s).
The Government Account Executive team is responsible for all customers and opportunities across the Genesys business. They fulfill a vital role of leveraging different kinds of sales scenarios and ultimately closing business. The Government Account Executives main goal is to turn as many opportunities into closed-won deals as possible. Once an opportunity has been closed, the Government Account Executives job is to help manage the initial phases of post-sales support and ensure implementation is set up accordingly. This is achieved through the support of additional resources - such as Technical Pre-Sales Support and Business Consultants whose goal is to help you close the deal.
• Identify and close net new business in the assigned territory
• Identify new Federal government partner relationships and manage existing government partner relationships
• Identify existing and new Federal government contract vehicles that Genesys can leverage via new and existing and new partner relationships
• Identify new business opportunities with Federal agencies and work with Genesys government Account Executives to qualify these leads and work with partners to bring these opportunities to closure.
• Help ensure that the government sales teams achieve their annual sales goals by providing strategic and where necessary tactical leadership to capture key large scale programs that map against the overall business plan.
• Import best practices focused on winning large scale, complex systems integration opportunities on a national basis.
• Provide strategic market insight to help the company identify emerging opportunities and trends in the State and Local marketplace.
• Represent Genesys at speaking engagements, association meetings and other interactions with the public. Work with company management to develop and implement offerings that take advantage of these trends and opportunities.
• Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization
• Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections
• Provide expertise around particular areas of interest to discuss government industry best practices and development of high level strategies
• Retain current customer base and expand footprint through cross/up sell opportunities
• Effectively sell a broad portfolio of products across a wide range of industries
• Assist the customer in maximizing the return of their investment with Genesys
• Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development
• Establish yourself as a Trusted Advisor to the prospect or customer
• Bring net new and innovative ideas to the both internal team and the customer
• Assist in creating an environment of team work and continuous improvement
• Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
Experience Qualifications/Skills Required:
The successful candidate will be a highly regarded business development/sales leader within the Federal, State & Local government arena. More specifically, he/she will have:
• Strong government and partner connections for the Federal Government.
• Professional working knowledge of technology sales, with an emphasis on value-added software solutions.
• Experience with business development efforts and selling directly into the Federal agency line of business and IT customers is mandatory.
• Experience with the IRS and HHS/CMS, preferred
• Extensive experience (8+years) in working with all manner of government partners, including Systems Integrators, Telecoms, small businesses, 8A's, MBE/WBE's, SDVOB's and technology partners.
• Experience in working directly with government agencies with partners on procurement contracts and funding requirements, preferred.
• Knowledge and experience selling information technology applications, outsourcing, and infrastructure service offerings.
• Strong communication skills, writing and speaking.
• Comfortable presenting to senior executives and policymakers and to large audiences.
• Strong experience selling complex software solutions to government agencies required.
• Familiarity with Contact Center applications, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications, IVR/Self-Service applications and/or Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications a plus.
• Detailed experience in total solutions selling and consulting, conducting formal presentations and experience selling to C level managers, agency directors, partner sales teams as well as technical staff.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success leading sales and business development efforts in capturing targeted programs in the government sectors. The most critical skill sets required are strong strategic planning abilities and an unrelenting focus on winning business. A track record of developing and assessing alternative markets and business models within State and Local government information technology services sector is essential. Experience deploying mature business development process and structure across complex business units is also desired.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top