Senior Account Executive, Government
The Government Account Executive is the catalyst behind Genesys'success as an organization in the public sector. As a consultative salesprofessional, the Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue growthand bringing in net new business from prospects and current customers. AccountExecutives help solve the business needs of prospects and customers by aligningthose needs and objectives with Genesys solution(s). Account Executives own allopportunities and customers and are responsible for coordinating resources andmanaging the sales campaign across the entire opportunity pipeline.
The role as Government Account Executive is to close net newbusiness and retain the existing customer base which you are assigned to. As a Government Account Executive, you areresponsible for all opportunities and accounts assigned to you which are likelyfall across a myriad of industries. Thisresponsibility requires the management of both pre and post-sales supportresources throughout sales campaigns. An Account Executive reports to aDirector of Sales.
The Government Account Executive team is responsible for allcustomers and opportunities across the Genesys business. They fulfill a vitalrole of leveraging different kinds of sales scenarios and ultimately closingbusiness. The Government Account Executives main goal is to turn as manyopportunities into closed-won deals as possible. Once an opportunity has beenclosed, the Government Account Executives job is to help manage the initialphases of post-sales support and ensure implementation is set up accordingly.This is achieved through the support of additional resources - such asTechnical Pre-Sales Support and Business Consultants whose goal is to help youclose the deal.
How does the GovernmentAccount Executive team generate value for customers?
- Gain a deep understanding of the prospect or customers processesand problems
- Ensure the right questions are being asked and answered
- Obtain qualitative and quantitative data which can be leveragedby the sales support team to identify the right solution(s)
- Justify all investments through compelling and customer-focusedbusiness cases
- Determine next steps and turn strategic discussions intotactical implementations
- What makes a great Government Account Executive?
- Customer Focused: Approaching all opportunities through thelenses of the prospect or customer
- Strategic: Able to prioritize and manage multiple accountswithin territory
- Persuasive: Achieves win-win positioning and guides others tochange status quo
- Resourceful: Able to overcome obstacles and barriers to findappropriate sales solutions
- Identify and close net new business in the assigned territory
- Identify new State and Local government partner relationshipsand manage existing government partner relationships
- Identify existing and newState and Local government contract vehicles that Genesys can leverage via newand existing and new partner relationships
- Identify new business opportunities with State and Localagencies and work with Genesys government Account Executives to qualify theseleads and work with partners to bring these opportunities to closure.
- Help ensure that the government sales teams achieve their annualsales goals by providing strategic and where necessary tactical leadership tocapture key large scale programs that map against the overall business plan.
- Import best practices focused on winning large scale, complexsystems integration opportunities on a national basis.
- Provide strategic market insight to help the company identifyemerging opportunities and trends in the State and Local marketplace.
- Represent Genesys at speaking engagements, association meetingsand other interactions with the public. Work with company management to developand implement offerings that take advantage of these trends and opportunities.
- Play an active leadership role in the State and Local BDfunction and the larger firm.
- Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline andcreativity.
- Be an effective spokesperson and champion for the State andLocal Business Group and the corporation in general.
- Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continuallyimprove the sales organization
- Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respondto customer objections
- Provide expertise around particular areas of interest to discussgovernment industry best practices and development of high level strategies
- Retain current customer base and expand footprint throughcross/up sell opportunities
- Effectively sell a broad portfolio of products across a widerange of industries
- Assist the customer in maximizing the return of their investmentwith Genesys
- Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development
- Build and expand relationships with Economic Buyer in prospectand customer accounts
- Establish yourself as a Trusted Advisor to the prospect orcustomer
- Bring net new and innovative ideas to the both internal team andthe customer
- Assist in creating an environment of team work and continuousimprovement
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong businessacumen)
The successful candidate will be a highly regarded businessdevelopment/sales leader within the Federal, State & Local governmentarena. More specifically, he/she will have:
- Strong government and partner Rolodex for State and LocalGovernment Agencies in California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii.
- Emphasis on unemployment, government health care, transportationand tax agencies, but city and county government background is a plus.
- Professional working knowledge of technology sales, with anemphasis on value-added software solutions.
- Experience with business development efforts and sellingdirectly into the State and Local agency line of business and IT customers ismandatory.
- Extensive experience (10-15 years) in working with all manner ofgovernment partners, including Systems Integrators, Telecoms, small businesses,8A's, MBE/WBE's, SDVOB's and technology partners.
- Must have experience in working directly with state and localgovernment agencies with partners on procurement contracts and fundingrequirements.
- Knowledge and experience selling information technologyapplications, outsourcing, and infrastructure service offerings.
- Strong communication skills, writing and speaking.
- Comfortable presenting to senior executives and policymakers andto large audiences.
- Strong experience selling complex software solutions togovernment agencies required.
- Familiarity with ContactCenter applications, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications,IVR/Self-Service applications and/or Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)applications a plus.
- Detailed experience in total solutions selling and consulting,conducting formal presentations and experience selling to C level managers,agency directors, partner sales teams as well as technical staff.
- High level of personal integrity and professionalism.
- The ideal candidate will be located on the West Coast.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record ofsuccess leading sales and business development efforts in capturing targetedprograms in the State & Local government sectors. The most critical skill sets required arestrong strategic planning abilities and an unrelenting focus on winning business.A track record of developing and assessing alternative markets and businessmodels within State and Local government information technology services sectoris essential. Experience deploying mature businessdevelopment process and structure across complex business units is alsodesired.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top