Senior Account Executive, Enterprise
TheSenior Account Executive is the catalyst behind Genesys' success as anorganization. As a consultative sales professional, the Senior AccountExecutive is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net newbusiness from prospects and current customers. Senior Account Executives helpsolve the business needs of prospects and customers by aligning those needs andobjectives with Genesys solution(s). Senior Account Executives own allopportunities and customers and are responsible for coordinating resources andmanaging the sales campaign across the entire opportunity pipeline.
Strategic Value of Role
Generaterevenue for Genesys through new logo acquisition and current customerexpansion:
Exceedprojected revenue goals in the assigned territory/geography
Landnew logo customers for Genesys offerings by fulfilling client needs
Expandthe Genesys footprint within current customer accounts through cross-sell andup-sell opportunities
- Handleall prospect and customer objections and justify their investments in Genesyssolution(s)
Yourrole as a Senior Account Executive is to close net newbusiness and retain the existing customer base which you are assignedto. As a Senior Account Executive, you are responsible for allopportunities and accounts assigned to you which are likely fall across amyriad of industries. This responsibility requires the management ofboth pre and post-sales support resources throughout sales campaigns. A SeniorAccount Executive reports to a Sales Manager.
TheSenior Account Executive team is responsible for all customers andopportunities across the Genesys business. They fulfill a vital role ofleveraging leads provided by Marketing, handling all different kinds of salesscenarios and ultimately closing opportunities provided to them. The SeniorAccount Executive's main goal is to turn as many opportunities into closed-wondeals as possible. Once an opportunity has been closed, the Senior AccountExecutive's job is to help manage the initial phases of post-sales support andensure implementation is set up accordingly. This is achieved through thesupport of additional resources - such as Technical Pre-Sales Support andBusiness Consultants – whose goal is to help you close the deal.
- Howdoes the Senior Account Executive team generate value for customers?
o Gaina deep understanding of the prospect or customer's processes and problems
o Ensurethe right questions are being asked and answered
o Obtainqualitative and quantitative data which can be leveraged by the sales supportteam to identify the right solution(s)
o Justifyall investments through compelling and customer-focused business cases
o Determinenext steps and turn strategic discussions into tactical implementations
- Whatmakes a great Senior Account Executive?
o CustomerFocused: Approaching all opportunities through the lenses of the prospect orcustomer
o Strategic: Ableto prioritize and manage multiple accounts within territory
o Persuasive:Achieves 'win-win' positioning and guides others to change status quo
o Resourceful:Able to overcome obstacles and barriers to find appropriate sales solutions
Why consider this role?
- Workfor a successful technology frontrunner within the contact center industry witha positive track record of product innovation and market leadership.
- Genesysis a high growth software leader with exceptional future upside.
- Benefitfrom a customized B2B selling process that includes Sales Aids, guidance, aPlaybook, and a tightly linked CRM.
- Collaboratewith peers and management around ways to continually improve the salesorganization
- Identifycustomer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections
- Connectclient's business objectives with Genesys offerings and solutions
- Negotiateand close as many sales campaigns as possible
- Provideguidance on customer and prospect corporate strategic initiatives
- Provide expertise around particular areas ofinterest to discuss industry best practices and development of high levelstrategies
- Retaincurrent customer base and expand footprint through cross/up sell opportunities
- Effectivelysell a broad portfolio of products across a wide range of industries
- Assistthe customer in maximizing the return of their investment with Genesys
- Beproactive in all aspects of opportunity development
- Buildand expand relationships with Economic Buyer in prospect and customer accounts
- Establishyourself as a 'Trusted Advisor' to the prospect or customer
- Bringnet new and innovative ideas to the both internal team and the customer
- Assistin creating an environment of team work and continuous improvement
- Demonstratea commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
- Partnerwith sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals andensure ongoing refinement
- Superioractive listening skills
- Excellentobjection handling and negotiating abilities
- Strongcollaboration skills and ability to work alongside multiple team members
- Strongtime-management and organization skills
- Abilityto multi-task and manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
- Abilityto effectively communicate with internal stakeholders
- Highlyresourceful when need to overcome barriers and objections
- Provenrecord of meeting/exceeding established goals
- Abilityto communicate with all levels within customer/prospect's organization
- Abilityto communicate and present to Genesys management as required
- 5 years previous business-to-business experience in one or more of the followingareas with a documented track record of success:
o SeniorAccount Executive
o Complexand Consultative Sales Environment
o MultiplePre-Sales Roles within the Software Vertical
- Enterprisesoftware or contact center industry experience(s) a plus #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top