Senior Account Executive
The Senior Account Executive is the catalyst behind Genesys’ success as an organization. As a consultative sales professional, the Senior Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects and current customers. Senior Account Executives help solve the business needs of prospects and customers by aligning those needs and objectives with Genesys solution(s). Senior Account Executives own all opportunities and customers and are responsible for coordinating resources and managing the sales campaign across the entire opportunity pipeline.
Strategic Value of Role
Generate revenue for Genesys through new logo acquisition and current customer expansion:
- Exceed projected revenue goals in the assigned territory/geography
Land new logo customers for Genesys offerings by fulfilling client needs
- Expand the Genesys footprint within current customer accounts through cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Handle all prospect and customer objections and justify their investments in Genesys solution(s)
Why consider this role?
- Work for a successful technology frontrunner within the contact center industry with a positive track record of product innovation and market leadership.
- Genesys is a high growth software leader with exceptional future upside.
- Benefit from a customized B2B selling process that includes Sales Aids, guidance, a Playbook, and a tightly linked CRM.
- Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization
- Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections
- Connect client’s business objectives with Genesys offerings and solutions
- Negotiate and close as many sales campaigns as possible
- Provide guidance on customer and prospect corporate strategic initiatives
- Provide expertise around particular areas of interest to discuss industry best practices and development of high level strategies
- Retain current customer base and expand footprint through cross/up sell opportunities
- Effectively sell a broad portfolio of products across a wide range of industries
- Assist the customer in maximizing the return of their investment with Genesys
- Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development
- Build and expand relationships with Economic Buyer in prospect and customer accounts
- Establish yourself as a ‘Trusted Advisor’ to the prospect or customer
- Bring net new and innovative ideas to the both internal team and the customer
- Assist in creating an environment of team work and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
- Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement
- Superior active listening skills
- Excellent objection handling and negotiating abilities
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work alongside multiple team members
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders
- Highly persuasive
- Highly resourceful when need to overcome barriers and objections
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding established goals
- Ability to communicate with all levels within customer/prospect’s organization
- Ability to communicate and present to Genesys management as required
- 8 years previous business-to-business experience in one or more of the
- following areas with a documented track record of success:
- Senior Account Executive
- Complex and Consultative Sales Environment
- Multiple Pre-Sales Roles within the Software Vertical
- International business development experience(s) a plus
- Enterprise software or contact center industry experience(s) a plus
- Familiar with Cloud or SaaS experience(s) a plus
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Product Line Manager
Nitin manages a diverse portfolio of Genesys products that help a variety of the companies they work with bring the customer experience into the digital world.
Back to top