Senior Account Executive
The Account Executive is the catalyst behind Genesys' success as an organization. As a consultative sales professional, the Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects and current customers. Account Executives help solve the business needs of prospects and customers by aligning those needs and objectives with Genesys solution(s). Account Executives own all opportunities and customers and are responsible for coordinating resources and managing the sales campaign across the entire opportunity pipeline.
Your role as an Enterprise Account Executive is to close net new business and retain the existing customer base which you are assigned to. You are responsible for all opportunities and accounts assigned to you which are likely fall across a myriad of industries. This responsibility requires the management of both pre and post-sales support resources throughout sales campaigns and reports to a Sales Manager.
The Account Executive team is responsible for all customers and opportunities across the Genesys business. They full fill a vital role of leveraging leads provided by Marketing, handling all different kinds of sales scenarios and ultimately closing opportunities provided to them. The Account Executive's main goal is to turn as many opportunities into closed-won deals as possible. Once an opportunity has been closed, the Account Executive's job is to help manage the initial phases of post-sales support and ensure implementation is set up accordingly. This is achieved through the support of additional resources - such as Technical Pre-Sales Support and Business Consultants – whose goal is to help you close the deal.
- Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization
- Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections
- Connect client's business objectives with Genesys offerings and solutions
- Negotiate and close as many sales campaigns as possible
- Provide guidance on customer and prospect corporate strategic initiatives
- Provide expertise around particular areas of interest to discuss industry best practices and development of high level strategies
- Retain current customer base and expand footprint through cross/up sell opportunities
- Effectively sell a broad portfolio of products across a wide range of industries
- Assist the customer in maximizing the return of their investment with Genesys
- Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development
- Build and expand relationships with Economic Buyer in prospect and customer accounts
- Establish yourself as a 'Trusted Advisor' to the prospect or customer
- Bring net new and innovative ideas to the both internal team and the customer
- Assist in creating an environment of team work and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
- Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement
- Superior active listening skills
- Excellent objection handling and negotiating abilities
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work alongside multiple team members
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders
- Highly persuasive
- Highly resourceful when need to overcome barriers and objections
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding established goals
- Ability to communicate with all levels within customer/prospect's organization
- Ability to communicate and present to Genesys management as required
- 5 years previous business-to-business experience in one or more of the following areas with a documented track record of success:
- Account Executive experience within Large Enterprise Insurance market as a preference, Retail Banking, and Finance.
- Complex and Consultative Sales Environment
- Multiple Pre-Sales Roles within the Software Vertical
- International business development experience(s) a plus
Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics..#LI-DK1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top