Renewal Manager - Sydney
- Sydney, Australia
Renewal Manager - Sydney
This position will work to enable execution on the Genesys mission, to power the world's best customer experiences. The Renewal Manager is responsible to secure and grow recurring revenue and bookings for existing customers by applying Genesys best practices for recurring revenue management.
The Renewal Manager is responsible to obtain Purchase Orders, prior to expiration of the current coverage period, for all recurring revenue across cloud, on-premise, subscription, etc. This Customer/Partner-facing specialization focuses on renewing contracts by applying Genesys best practices for recurring revenue management
What You'll Do:
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Meet/exceed quarterly and annual budgets; drive recurring revenue growth in region.
- Maintain a pulse on all renewals in given territory 150+ days in advance of expiration and through to closure, including but not limited to, understanding of current risk, key stake holders, potential for platform migration, account activity including license deals in process, opportunity for expansion or revenue growth.
- Accurate forecasting of recurring revenue/bookings in-quarter and in out quarters, both verbally to management and through regular systematic updates.
- Awareness of at-risk renewals (predictive churn/attrition) and orchestration of remediation plans to address issue(s)
- Secure Purchase Orders / Service Orders for each renewal prior to expiration of the existing term.
- Manage renewals according to Genesys Key Performance Indicators which monitor wellness of the business.
- Understand, predict, and manage effects on recurring revenue across customers' journey to migrate from one platform to another.
- Manage indirect renewals according to Genesys KPI's as well as Partner KPI results and when necessary, work with Partners on areas that require improvement.
- Engage with customers and partners, in close alignment with Genesys Advisors and Partner Success Managers, to educate on the value of their on-going support/subscription.
- Align and sell renewal offerings that address business outcomes in accordance with the Customer/Partner Success Plan
- Manage renewal negotiations according to Genesys renewal best practices and disciplines
- Ensure the application of Genesys governance, policies, and pricing practices are honored throughout the renewal negotiation.
- Ensure existing contract terms and conditions are in with the renewal quote and negotiation. Be familiar with existing customer terms and leverage opportunities to maximize revenue accordingly.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the Genesys Customer Success values and commit to deliver an exceptional customer experience across all interactions.
- Ability to articulate and sell value around Customer Success offerings and identify upsell opportunities for incremental growth through adoption of add-on service elements throughout the customer lifecycle (ie: upsell).
- Work cross-functionally to drive accelerated renewal negotiations as necessary: Quoting Specialists, Sales, Legal, Deal Desk, Finance Operations/Collections Professional Services, Customer Care, License and Entitlement, Partner Program representation, etc.
- Remain familiar with Genesys buying/licensing rules; validate customer entitlement (correct inventories) on premise quotes to avoid licensing discrepancies.
- Validate usage reports and historical trending, in concert with Genesys Advisor and account teams, to drive expansion and upsell opportunities at the time of renewal.
- Work with strategic pricing in special agreements covering both new and renewal transactions (reducing discounts and application of Genesys Care policies and practices)
- Follow escalation procedures as documented; abide by DAP.
- Outbound Programs, e.g. Compliance, Reclamations
- 3 years+ selling and closing experience with software or software maintenance
- Graduate degree in BA/BS
- Language skills: English
- Sense of accountability, fortitude, and tenacity to achieve results
- Superior active listening skills
- Excellent objection-handling, conflict management, and negotiating abilities
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work alongside multiple team members
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders
- Highly persuasive
- Highly resourceful when need to overcome barriers and objections
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding established goals
- Ability to communicate with all levels within customer/prospect's organization
- Enterprise software or contact center industry experience(s) a plus
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 11,000 companies in 100+ countries trust our #1 customer experience platform to drive great business outcomes and create lasting relationships. Combining the best of technology and human ingenuity, we build solutions that mirror natural communication and work the way you think. Our industry-leading solutions foster true omnichannel engagement, performing equally well across all channels, on-premise and in the cloud. Experience communication as it should be fluid, instinctive and profoundly empowering.
Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-JM1
Please note that Genesys will not accept resumes from agencies at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Back to top