PS02P2 - PS Consultant
Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Position: Custom Application Support Consultant
Location : Chennai
Custom Application Support Professional Services Consultant
Job Location: Chennai, India
- Act as a customer liaison handling phone and email support requests, where you become a front-line advocate for the resolution of application issues
- Attempt to isolate, reproduce and resolve problems using available systems and tools, and investigate potential workarounds for verified defects.
- To be the first line support interface in finding the root cause of an application malfunction and engage right resources from the development team and partner organizations to provide defect resolution.
- Participate in the creation of Knowledge Base articles, solutions and other related support collateral.
- To interface with CSP Subject Matter Experts, where the problem cannot be resolved at a frontline support level.
- To help set the correct problem resolution expectations and to provide timely progress reports to the appropriate contacts within our partner and/or customer organisations.
- Should be able perform regular checks on our online application database and should be able to perform upgrades with prescribed guidance
- Participate in a shift roster as necessary.
- When time permits, participate in delivery project duties in QA capacity: Execute test cases, manage defect remediation and re-testing across all test phases providing defect reports to the project and development managers
- Ability to have flexible work schedule and at times work outside of your normal business hours to accommodate effective communications with stakeholders in the Global organization
- Excellent problem determination and problem solving skills
- Must be able to cope under pressure and work to stringent timelines
- Be a strong team player
- Have a technical background in accordance with the requirements set out below
- Ability to get to the heart of complex issues;
- Very good analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently on routine duties or projects with general instructions on new assignments.
- Good verbal, writing skills and the ability to effectively interact with clients (business and technical audiences) in the English language is a must. Demonstrate solid analytical programming and problem solving skills including software operation diagnostics
- Experience in web application development methodologies. Solid understanding of web architecture.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX operating environments at the system administrator level.
- Working knowledge developing customized, technical solutions
- Technical know-how of Genesys platform solutions would be an added advantage
- Experience developing software with integration to various customer environments/backend systems using Genesys APIs/SDKs is a BIG plus.
- Ability to work independently on routine duties or projects, general instruction on new assignments.
- Good verbal and written skills and the ability to effectively interact with clients (business and technical audiences) in the English language is a must .
- Ability to relate effectively with clients and partners (vendors and internal teams). May assist with resolving escalated customer issues that originated with the customers or partners.
- Good practical experience with Development Methodologies
- Practical experience with best Consulting Services/Project Delivery practices employed in the industry among leading consulting organizations
- Needs to meet SLA contracts with customers and sometimes juggle many concurrent issues.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership with ability to take control of difficult and/or chaotic situations
- Experience in supporting contact center environments (premise or cloud based) is preferred.
- Can handle high stress situations.
The Global Custom Solution Practice is a global Professional Services team responsible for delivery and support of custom developed software services focused on Genesys products, solutions and off-the-shelf Expert Applications that complement or extend the Genesys line of products.
As part of the Custom Solutions Practice (CSP), the Application Support Analyst in this role will be responsible for the troubleshooting, resolution, and communication of customer issues with custom software applications delivered to Genesys customers as reported through Custom Application Support channel.
The successful candidate will work closely with Customer Care organization, Regional Professional Services teams, Select Vendors whose products and services are under support with Genesys, and other members of Customer Solutions Practice to ensure timely response and rapid resolution of the reported issues. The goal of the role is always to provide the best customer experience for our customers and partners.
Primary Role and Duties
In order to succeed in this role, the candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
BA or BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical fields
Prior work experience:
1 -4 yrs of commercial software development and support experience with working knowledge in some of the following programming languages: C , Java and .NET (VB, ASP and C#) languages and environments.
Required skills and knowledge:
Desirable Skills in one or more of the following areas:
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top