PS Project Manager
PS Project Manager - Contractor
The position is integral for the delivery segment of the Professional Services Organization. Project Managers manage customer engagements from post sales through support transition. Some pre-sales work is provided by the position as well.
The Project Manager is responsible for proposing new business and directing billable customer engagements to the conclusion specified in the services proposal and to a point of profitability for the company. In addition to traditional project management responsibilities, the Project Manager is also expected to provide business analysis value in the project. Within the defined scope of the project, the Project Manager will consult with the customer to discover how the technology can best be utilized to maximize the customer's value. The Project Manager works as part of a dynamic team in a very technologically demanding environment. While the role is truly one of individual contributor, a high degree of interaction and leadership is required with both customers and team members. The success of an implementation begins and ends in the hands of the Project Manager. Success is defined as having satisfied the end customer and delivered the project within scope and budget.
Project Managers are responsible for successful planning and follow-through that ensures profitable, timely, and high-quality completion of projects. This includes managing a project during the implementation lifecycle through transition to Support. Project Managers define, create, and maintain project plans; lead, motivate and focus the team, and manage day-to-day client communication.
Project Management (60%)
- Provides project management for application solution implementations Coordinates with Professional Services Organization management team to manage implementation team, costs and time schedules Manages customer relationship with technical contacts Coordinates with internal staff to perform application development/system integration Coordinates and provides training for system implementations Submits weekly project status reports to Operations Manager/Project Management by designated due date. Provides regular status updates to Operations Manager/Project Management when on-site during implementations Prepares, distributes and maintains all project documentation according to established processes and methodology Provides consulting on project implementations as required Escalates customer support issues as required Communicates with Sales Representatives and Engagement Managers on the status of projects and escalates issues as needed
Cost Management/Resource Utilization (20%)
- Responsible for containment of project expense Tracks project plans and budgets to insure project costs are contained Tracks utilization to insure projects are profitable Responsible for managing project team utilization during customer engagements, including the accuracy of information for that project in the internal work tracking system
- Assists with proposal development and pricing as needed Participates in Sales presentations as needed Contributes to the response for RFP's and RFI's as needed
- Timely submission of timesheets, expense reports, project status reports, and system acceptance forms. Timely submission of all project documentation in the document repository of record
- Continues to stay abreast of technology through internal training, self study, and industry standard certifications Continued product training
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Technology, related technical discipline, or equivalent professional technical experience. Master in Business Administration given additional consideration. PMP Certification given additional consideration. Proven excellence with customer facing activities. Must have a passion for customer satisfaction, and have the ability to manage customer's needs and expectations. Two years' experience implementing complex software applications in enterprise customer environments. Telephony experience given additional consideration. Consulting experience given additional consideration. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment to determine appropriate solutions to customer technical issues. Possesses demonstrated leadership qualities and self-sufficiency. Proven ability to work as a member of a team to meet critical customer deadlines Fluent English
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top