The Global Custom Solution Practice is a global Professional Services team responsible for delivery and support of custom developed software services focused on Genesys products, solutions and off-the-shelf Expert Applications that complement or extend the Genesys line of products.
Services provided by the candidate will include solution architecture and design, software development, integration consulting, software deployment, customer training, team education and custom application support.
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership skills in a software development capacity and work closely with their team manager, software designers, quality assurance and engagement teams to develop proof of concept and software solutions for customers using a broad range of technologies. This will include Genesys products and sophisticated 3rd party integrations that will enable innovation and intellectual challenge. The custom solutions will be designed and developed for both Genesys premise and Cloud customers. The goal of the role is always to provide the best customer experience for our customers and partners.
- Demonstrate experience at a senior level of software development
Be able to lead and technically direct a team to produce high-quality deliverables
- Work with Genesys technical teams and business partners to develop integrated software solutions that extend Genesys products and services using industry best practices for software development using Genesys SDKs/APIs on web, mobile, Windows and Linux platforms.
- Create accurate development effort estimates in collaboration with the team manager, Professional Services project managers or regional managers.
- Present and demonstrate proposed solutions as required. Perform knowledge transfer of the delivered solutions at the conclusion of the engagement as necessary.
- Communicate within the global community respecting cultural, language and time zone variations
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust working hours to match customer and team interactions
- Provide support to entitled clients at the application level for custom developed solutions (applications and components) on as needed basis.
- This may include being part of a custom application support rotation schedule.
- Work as a team leader to the organization. Providing feedback to the product organization about issues found in API’s, documentations or architectures.
- BS/MS/BA or equivalent. Computer Science major preferred.
- 6 years or more of commercial software development experience in Java and C#.NET languages and environments. Additional languages such as Python, PHP and C is a plus.
- 2 years’ experience in building responsive mobile applications for tablet and phone form factors using iOS and Android operating systems.
- Experience with deploying software, administrative procedures and configuration for Windows and Linux operating environments.
- Ability to work independently on routine duties or projects with general instructions on new assignments.
- Excellent verbal, writing skills and the ability to effectively interact with clients (business and technical audiences) in the English language is a must. Having similar capabilities in other major European languages is a plus.
- Demonstrate solid analytical programming and problem solving skills including software operation diagnostics
- Must be able to present examples of candidate written technical documentation such as technical design specifications, user guides or deployment manuals.
- Optimize billable utilization opportunity
Must demonstrate ability to effectively understand and consult with clients and partners (vendors and internal teams) in a high paced environment and flexible schedules. May assist with resolving escalated customer issues that originated with customers or partners.
- Practical experience deploying or developing with Genesys technologies especially with integration to various customer environments/backend systems using Genesys SDKs (PSDK, AIL, GIS or GWS).
- Experience leading a team of software professionals in the past
- Experience with Salesforce.com applications development (Visual Force, Apex, Force IDE)
- Good practical experience with development methodologies
- Practical experience with best Consulting Services/Project Delivery practices employed in the industry among leading consulting organizations
- Good working experience with database administration/optimization.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Product Line Manager
Nitin manages a diverse portfolio of Genesys products that help a variety of the companies they work with bring the customer experience into the digital world.
Back to top