Product Manager - Artificial Intelligence
At Genesys, we empower companies to create exceptional omnichannel experiences, journeys, and relationships. For over 25 years, we have put the customer at the center of all we do, and we passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes.
The Product Management team at Genesys is seeking a talented manager to help the team solve some of the most pressing and challenging business problems at one of the largest private B2B software companies in the Bay Area. The Product Management organization sits at the intersection of the Product Development teams and the Sales and Marketing teams. Its role is to drive the company's new product developments alongside R&D teams, while meeting the markets' existing and emerging needs. Within this organization, a small team is dedicated to managing the company's most strategic investments in Artificial Intelligence. This team strives to:
- Understand overall industry trends as well as role played by artificial intelligence and machine learning in industry fast paced disruption
- Allocate funding against the most strategic AI-powered solutions
- Lead product management activities around the creation and growth of Genesys AI platform
- Oversee AI partnerships and acquisitions
- Think as entrepreneurs, ideate and prototype to uncover the next generation of AI-powered use cases at Genesys
- Be the AI company's connective tissue, so cross-functional teams (Marketing, R&D, Sales, Professional Services...) work effectively with shared objectives to deliver the best AI-powered products to the market.
- Work humbly, collaboratively, and embrace ambiguity.
As a Product Manager in Artificial Intelligence, you will lead efforts of prototyping new products and use cases in close collaboration with engineering, other product managers, sales, customers and partners bridging the business and technical worlds with your leadership, business acumen, and technical skills.
In this role, you must be collaborative and a critical thinker with an entrepreneur mindset, and the ability to break down complex problems.
What You'll Do
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
Drive AI-powered prototyping activities and proofs of concepts ahead of early adopter programs
- Fail fast, learn from successes and failures
- Proactively seek out and identify new business and revenue opportunities.
- Collaborate with a matrix-oriented organization across several platforms and product categories to deliver the best future product seeds
- Think creatively about ground-breaking AI innovations as well as enhancements to existing AI-powered products at Genesys, leveraging inputs from internal innovation contests, customer ideas or market trends
- Become the glue with the rest of the product management organization to help define and actively manage product requirements in our Aha! product roadmap system for AI-powered prototypes becoming products
- Support account teams in customer meetings by providing subject matter expertise and representing the Genesys Artificial Intelligence program
- Support the AI Genesys program as needed and in particular by using data to provide insight, using insight to drive actions in particular to drive organic and inorganic investments in artificial intelligence.
- Facilitation of leadership strategic planning activities, starting with summarizing and simplifying complex market research competitive intelligence, and complex financial analysis
- Think outside the box to propose audacious disruptive innovations in adjacent markets, new business models, as well as different buyers
The PM AI prototyping will report directly to the Vice-President of Product Management in Artificial Intelligence and interface with numerous internal groups (all levels of management). You must be able to quickly form productive and positive working relationships with staff with varying technical and business backgrounds and skill levels across cross-functional teams.
- Overall 7-9 years of experience out of which 5+ years of experience in machine learning, digital solutions, natural language and speech technologies with strong background in product management and start-up
- Experience working with software development groups
- Ability to prioritize issues effectively and meet tight deadlines when required
- Ability to work with a high performance, cross-functional team
- Strong technical background and ability to drill into the details to determine the best solution for our customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong attention to details, with ability to drill down into very tactical considerations to ensure accuracy in deliverables
- Strong design skills
- Ability to work effectively with distributed teams (US, Europe, India)
- Self-starter and autonomous, ability to multi-task, work independently, prioritize and get things done
- You are curious, self-driven, and ask the right questions
- Should be pass-out from reputed Engineering College (MBA a plus)
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top