Principal Technical Account Manager
Technical Account Manager – CustomerCare (Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane)
Summary of Position:
The TechnicalAccount Manager is responsible for working closely with key accounts andpartners to ensure they are receiving maximum return on their Genesysinvestment. The Technical AccountManager is expected to proactively work with his/her assigned key accounts tofully understand what each account is trying to achieve, both now and in thefuture, with its Genesys solutions. The TechnicalAccount Manager is also expected to react quickly and efficiently tohelp solve any critical situations that may arise with these accounts.
The ideal candidate is self–motivatedand independent, with a strong technical background in telephony, CTI and orenterprise software. The Technical AccountManager must be comfortable communicating with technical as well as seniorbusiness people up to the executive level. This manager should also bevery good at understanding business requirements, anticipating barriers andinitiating creative solutions to any issues that may arise.
Responsibilities includebut are not limited to:
Premium Care Account Management
- Develop an account profile for each of the assigned accounts that include key business drivers and requirements as well as a technical overview of the account's present and future environments
- Build strong relationships with customer and partner and work with Sales towards a common goal
- Engage with Customer and/or Partner on the project planning effort as well as defining mitigation planning for identified risks and items on the critical path
- Collaborate with other Genesys departments and lead cross-functional teams towards resolution of short-term or long-term anticipated issues, as well as activities that would ensure successful deployment
- Deliver quarterly report to customer/partner on Premium Care performance (if Premium Care offer is purchased)
- Regularly examine all issues for strategic and escalated accounts to ensure information is accurate and provided to customers/partners in a timely manner
- Regularly deliver an escalation-issues summary report to appropriate Genesys and customer/partner contacts
- Lead management-team conference calls to share status, action plans, ownership and timelines
- Coordinate efforts toward resolving critical issues
- Ensure action is taken to correct any discrepancies based on lessons learned
Critical Account Management
- Manage the customer escalation process via the CRM system
- Work with customer and internal staff to identify key barriers
- Develop resolution action plan and co-ordinate and collaborate with customer/partner and Genesys internal teams on resolution strategy
- Build and deliver the Communication Plan to the customer/partner and to the Genesys internal teams
- Deliver root-cause analysis or post mortem on a given issue as warranted
- Minimum of 8 years business experience is required, with at least 3 years of technical analysis/project management experience and at least 1 yr of Genesys experience.
- Prior experience in a related project or technical account management role is essential for consideration.
- Strong project management skills are required.
- Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge of office productivity tools such as MS-EXCEL, MS-Project, MS-Powerpoint, etc.
- BS in a technical discipline is preferred or equivalent job experience.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) are a must. Presentation skills are required.
- Ability to manage/resolve conflicts within a multi-cultural environment with clear objectives and efficient time management is essential to the success of this role.
- Also required are abilities to:
- Work well in a team
- Handle and be trusted with confidential and/or sensitive information
- Work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Be flexible and handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner
- Work flexible hours as necessary
- Be a proactive, innovative thinker #LPI-MP1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top